The VG Resource

Full Version: RPG suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, I love RPG's, but recently, my collection is getting a bit dull, not that I dont like them, but I think I need to upgrade my collection a bit, so far I have Morrowind, Oblivion, Fable, Two worlds, Gothic 3 and Dungeon Lords. Im not to crazy about some of them (like dungeon lords) so I dont really count them in,but if anyone can suggest some good RPG's I would be very gratefull Big Grin
Those are all WRPGs. I'm assuming you don't like/play JRPGs?
(12-11-2009, 03:47 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Those are all WRPGs. I'm assuming you don't like/play JRPGs?

This may seem noobish...but...whats a JRPG?...and a WRPG?
JRPG = Japanese RPG
WRPG = Western RPG (e.g. not made in Japan...)

I've not really played much of either one though, so I can't exactly tell you the features that differentiate them, besides location of development.
JRPGs are stuff like Final Fantasy where battles are turnbased, etc.
WRPGs are stuff like oblivion and have elves and warlocks and orcs and stuff.
oh yea I like both of those, I have final fantasy games as well, but I dont play them as much as my others :/
If you like WRPGs I suggest Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, the Diablo series, and I guess WoW could count.
I heard Dragon Age: Origins was great, though I haven't played it myself.
Dark Cloud 2 is a good one.
(12-11-2009, 04:02 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]If you like WRPGs I suggest Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, the Diablo series, and I guess WoW could count.

ahhh never winter nights, I have herd good things about that, and I have WoW, Its not bad, thanks for the suggestions ViperShark
thnks for the suggestions everyone
(12-11-2009, 04:20 PM)Lunyka Wrote: [ -> ]Dark Cloud 2 is a good one.

I LOVE THE MECHANICS OF THIS GAME

But taking photographs without an FAQ is fustrating. It's one of those games where it likes to throw important one-shot missable items at you.
(12-11-2009, 04:46 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2009, 04:20 PM)Lunyka Wrote: [ -> ]Dark Cloud 2 is a good one.

I LOVE THE MECHANICS OF THIS GAME

But taking photographs without an FAQ is fustrating. It's one of those games where it likes to throw important one-shot missable items at you.

Whats dark cloud like? Is it fun?
Dark Cloud 1 is sparse, unnecessarily hard in places, and has some fundamental mechanics flaws.

Dark Cloud 2 (Or Dark Chronicle in the EU) fixes pretty much everything, adds a shitload of polish, and the main character is voiced by Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia/Robin from Teen Titans. Fuck yeah.
(12-11-2009, 05:10 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]and the main character is voiced by Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia/Robin from Teen Titans. Fuck yeah.

you make this sound like a good thing.
It suits the character. They cast the voices well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4