Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fantasy Smash Project 2.5
Fantasy Smash Project: 2nd Impact (lol)
The old Fantasy Smash thread was horribly organized, so here's a new one that'll actually have an accurate first post.
Previous Thread: http://www.spriters-resource.com/communi...hp?tid=510

Project Goal:
To create sprites of popular video game characters not already represented in the Smash Bros. games in a style that matches that used in the SSB Project sub-forum, for use in fan games, movies, and comics which are based on/parody the Smash Bros. universe.

Rules:
#1 Sprites should be made in a style similar to the ones from the SSB Project sub-forum (it doesn't have to match the style perfectly; just get it to look good next to the other sprites and make the proportions look good).
#2 Sprites must be of characters primarily from the video gaming universe. In other words, you can't do sprites of someone like Goku or Bugs Bunny, despite how many games they've appeared in. They must have originated from video games themselves.
#3 The characters are not limited only to Nintendo; you can create sprites of characters from any video game franchise you wish (as long as they still fit in with rule #2). Yes, that means you can do games like Halo or Final Fantasy despite the fact that they would never have a chance in hell to appear in a SSB game.

Suggestions and Tips:
- Steer away from generic characters, like minor enemies. Smash Bros. tends to only use major heroes or villains. You'd never see someone like a Goomba, an Octorock or a Kremling as a playable character.
- Check the Smash Bros. Project sub-forum for reference when deciding things such as proportions (very important) and style.
- If you have an idea for a character, but don't want to create a full sheet for them, remember you could always make them an Assist Trophy instead of a playable character.
- You can also make items and stages too, if you feel like it.

For the extra-lazy, here's a link to the SSB sub-forum:
http://www.spriters-resource.com/community/forumdisplay.php?fid=31

(!)If I put a wrong name or you want to be credited as different name, just tell me.
Playable Characters
Work In Progress:
KOS-MOS by Angelglory
Marina Liteyears by Sploder & *Gorsal*
Sukapon by The Crow
Assist Trophies/Pokeball Pokemon
N/A
Items
N/A
Stages
N/A
Thanked by:
I'm working on Lolo and Dig-Dug. Lolo's a player. Dig-Dug's an AT.
Thanked by:
So I understand what this is about, but do people include newer characters from the gaming universe (ones that aren't in the previous topic)? If so, do you mind if I can include a character?

Well, probably wouldn't want to ask. I think I already know.
Thanked by:
This is what sackboy looks like. He should be only as tall as kirby.
He's an AT, he slaps nearby players.
[Image: sackboy.png]
[Image: bugjps.png]
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code: 3180-4716-5186
Thanked by:
I'll take Masked Man and Vectorman (I'll probably work on Tails, Paula, and the Halo characters later)
Thanked by:
Wasn't Paper Mario already finished, and wouldn't he be good enough to be a playable character?
Currently ripping ???, Submissions: 37
Ref 1 - Ref 2 - Human Ref + Ref 3
Thanked by:
vectorman was finished by gaia, it just needs some work. same with paper mario.
also,
Tuna Unleashed Wrote:[Image: vjoealtidle.gif]
im not pulling off the hand rotation too well, can somebody give me some help?
Thanked by:
He seems to have included only those characters who have been updated recently. Oh, and Gooey, as he is solidly finished.
Thanked by:
Awesome the new Topic right now I'm working on Geno from Super Mario RPG for anyone who cares. Don't we need an update on the list?
Thanked by:
Well since no one answered my question, maybe I'll just add a character here.
[Image: trav36209.PNG]
[Image: trav11850515518-iaza.gif]
Travis Touchdown, No More Heroes protagonist. Tell me if it needs more work though, it's just a start.
Thanked by:
(07-22-2009, 04:23 PM)Tuna Unleashed Wrote:
Tuna Unleashed Wrote:[Image: vjoealtidle.gif]
im not pulling off the hand rotation too well, can somebody give me some help?

I'll see what I can do tonight.

@Kinanza, you don't need to ask permission to join the project.
About the sprite, it could use some work. His legs look awkward, the jacket has absolutely no movement to it, and the sword swing could probably use a few more frames. Also, The head could use a bit more work. It is a good start, though.

@AG, maybe you could post a link to the SBP's line-up topic as style reference, for those people who are too lazy to find it (even though it's pinned...).
Thanked by:
[Image: 14cqu74.png]

Just reposting this here. I got the moves down, but all I need is a little C+C here.
Thanked by:
(07-22-2009, 04:26 PM)Sploder Wrote: He seems to have included only those characters who have been updated recently. Oh, and Gooey, as he is solidly finished.
Pretty much this. I just listed whatever characters that have been updated or finished in recent memory. I'd rather not go back through the whole old thread to find other WIP characters.
Thanked by:
I don't think you should put my name next to Gooey's sheet 'cause I only did some animations for it

Oh and I'm working on Hakkun from Sutte Hakkun(SNES)
I'll post my progress later :]

@Gaia: Sparkster should look more like this
http://www.spriters-resource.com/ds/newi...heet/16556
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
[Image: trav31286.PNG]
I did some changes with the head, improved the legs, and made jacket movement. That's when my computer froze.

But I still got it saved. I'll work on the blade swing later.
Thanked by: