Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TSR Challenge: #6 Steam Punk Chimera
Jeez how could I forget to post this week's challenge?

This week, you are challenged to:
Create a chimera animal with steam punk elements, such as gears, cogs, and other visible mechanical goodies and Victorian styled fashion, among a lot of other things that you can google (:

Rules:
Colors: 10 max (transparency counts as a color)
Size: 150 x 150 max
Animation: Optional, would be soo awesome
Transparency: Optional
Due date:This week on Sunday 12am GMT
Additional: Chimera in this challenge is defined as a combination of two or more animals or animal and machine (gears/cogs etc.) No human-animal chimera, no animal-plant or any other non animal thing. You don't have to create a whole scene, just a single sprite is acceptable. No cartoon characters that happen to be animals, and for the love of god no video game animals.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
Thanked by:
Interesting challenge. I'm definately gonna try this.
Thanked by:
I'm sorry I couldn't do the last one, I got a bit overwhelm with some other things....But I can do this one, I already have a line art done and everything....
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
Just for clarification about the videogame animal thing, this means no characters that are animals or animal like from video games can be a part of the chimera. No Pikachu-Elephant, no Crash bandicoot-dolphin.
Thanked by:
[Image: finished-1.png]
It's a cockroach/snake/bat/robot type deal. 7 colours, 8 including transparency, but I'm not in a mood to make the white transparent.

I particularly find it atrocious.
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
*glares* Fine, this contest will do.

Thanked by:
This challenge owns, but I'm not in the mood for large PAs.
Dammit.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
most likely another skip for me.
[Image: raytheon.png]
[Image: Huntsman125.png]
Thanked by:
want to try

probably too hard

if this was a drawing contest Very Sad<
[Image: 472_gliscor_1_m.png]
Thanked by:
Sounds like fun, maybe I'd try it.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
I'm interested!
I did 8-bit Super Smash characters once that turned out well enough.
I think I can do this!!!!!
*fails*

Nothing more or less useless than imagining that there is more to be done. Recall: no matter what is new there will always be these hands and these sandwiches. The enlightenment came and went and sliced bread was our creation— the best to be had. There can be no avenues of intellectual discord. We will always fold our food and put it into our mouths, long after our bodies forget what to do with it.
Thanked by:
150x150 withh shitloads of detail and a theme that is hardly open to interpretation? there will be very few entries this week
[Image: raytheon.png]
[Image: Huntsman125.png]
Thanked by:
Oh! You'e using reverse psychology aren't you?
Excellent idea.
[Image: ZRdfkWQ.jpg]
Thanked by:
(05-26-2009, 07:03 AM)Gym Leader Raytheon Wrote: 150x150 withh shitloads of detail and a theme that is hardly open to interpretation? there will be very few entries this week

What and is that too small for you? This isn't called a challenge for nothing, this is for practicing and getting better at pixel art. If you don't want to get better, don't enter.
Thanked by:
so in this.
[Image: 27216257.jpg]
Thanked by: