The VG Resource

Full Version: TSR Challenge: #6 Steam Punk Chimera
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Jeez how could I forget to post this week's challenge?

This week, you are challenged to:
Create a chimera animal with steam punk elements, such as gears, cogs, and other visible mechanical goodies and Victorian styled fashion, among a lot of other things that you can google (:

Rules:
Colors: 10 max (transparency counts as a color)
Size: 150 x 150 max
Animation: Optional, would be soo awesome
Transparency: Optional
Due date:This week on Sunday 12am GMT
Additional: Chimera in this challenge is defined as a combination of two or more animals or animal and machine (gears/cogs etc.) No human-animal chimera, no animal-plant or any other non animal thing. You don't have to create a whole scene, just a single sprite is acceptable. No cartoon characters that happen to be animals, and for the love of god no video game animals.

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!
Interesting challenge. I'm definately gonna try this.
I'm sorry I couldn't do the last one, I got a bit overwhelm with some other things....But I can do this one, I already have a line art done and everything....
Just for clarification about the videogame animal thing, this means no characters that are animals or animal like from video games can be a part of the chimera. No Pikachu-Elephant, no Crash bandicoot-dolphin.
[Image: finished-1.png]
It's a cockroach/snake/bat/robot type deal. 7 colours, 8 including transparency, but I'm not in a mood to make the white transparent.

I particularly find it atrocious.
*glares* Fine, this contest will do.
This challenge owns, but I'm not in the mood for large PAs.
Dammit.
most likely another skip for me.
want to try

probably too hard

if this was a drawing contest Very Sad<
Sounds like fun, maybe I'd try it.
I'm interested!
I did 8-bit Super Smash characters once that turned out well enough.
I think I can do this!!!!!
*fails*
150x150 withh shitloads of detail and a theme that is hardly open to interpretation? there will be very few entries this week
Oh! You'e using reverse psychology aren't you?
Excellent idea.
(05-26-2009, 07:03 AM)Gym Leader Raytheon Wrote: [ -> ]150x150 withh shitloads of detail and a theme that is hardly open to interpretation? there will be very few entries this week

What and is that too small for you? This isn't called a challenge for nothing, this is for practicing and getting better at pixel art. If you don't want to get better, don't enter.
so in this.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8