Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Fake Album Art
[Image: marchingpinwheelscopype8.png]

Make-believe album art for my make-believe band. Made 100% custom in photoshop. This was the first time I attempted to make anything in photoshop, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.
[Image: 5lo5J.png]
Thanked by:
I like it all except for the text. Looks like something made in Microsoft Word.
Try some text that seems to fit the theme, or something, I dunno.
Thanked by:
(10-29-2008, 01:43 PM)Unknown Wrote: I like it all except for the text. Looks like something made in Microsoft Word.
Try some text that seems to fit the theme, or something, I dunno.

Agreed.
It all looks nice and real until the text.
Make it suck less. : D

Nothing more or less useless than imagining that there is more to be done. Recall: no matter what is new there will always be these hands and these sandwiches. The enlightenment came and went and sliced bread was our creation— the best to be had. There can be no avenues of intellectual discord. We will always fold our food and put it into our mouths, long after our bodies forget what to do with it.
Thanked by:
I think it's because everything else has a think outline and the text is only like a 1px outline
widen it
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
I honestly don't know how to make fancy text on photoshop at all. Sick
Thanked by:
...It's nothing but lines and filters and fill patterns...?

Better'n anything i can do, though.
Thanked by:
[Image: marchingpinwheelscopyvs1.png]

or

[Image: marchingpinwheelscopy2vh0.png]

I want it to look kind of like a quilt.
Thanked by:
(10-29-2008, 03:57 PM)King Joe Wrote: I want it to look kind of like a quilt.
Well it doesn't.
Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.
Sweetness, I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Thanked by:
Indeed
I think that you need to redesign the concept and make it more interesting over all.

Nothing more or less useless than imagining that there is more to be done. Recall: no matter what is new there will always be these hands and these sandwiches. The enlightenment came and went and sliced bread was our creation— the best to be had. There can be no avenues of intellectual discord. We will always fold our food and put it into our mouths, long after our bodies forget what to do with it.
Thanked by:
Don't bend the text, have a nice, small, basic white font in the top right corner.

Believe me, I am a doctor of these things.

*not a doctor
[Removed by Dazz: I love the image, it's hilarious and awesome, but it's too big in file size. 1.5mb is too much.]
Thanked by:
(10-31-2008, 07:04 AM)you can call me 7ILBY Wrote: Believe me, I am a doctor of these things.

*not a doctor

Heart
Sweetness, I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head.
Sweetness, I was only joking when I said by rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed.

[Image: sig2.jpg]
Thanked by:
Not much a quilt, but reminded me of a collage alright.
The text don't quite fit, as Unknown said, looks like more a MS Word text than anything. This font is intent to be the band logo or just the CD-related logo? Try downloading a new font to match, maybe a script-kind font. I recommend this site.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: marchingpinwheelssecondbv4.png]

Nice and simple, thoughts?
Thanked by:
Looks like something you'd place on a shirt, rather than an album. For a shirt design, that's pretty damn sweet for something so simple. For the cover of an album... ...not so much.

By the way, what kind of imaginary music does this make-believe band pretend to play? Usually album art reflects the genre. I think. Actually I don't have any clue what I'm talking about, but maybe it'll work out.
Thanked by:
Psychedelic/Space Rock. Wink
Thanked by: