The VG Resource

Full Version: Fake Album Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: marchingpinwheelscopype8.png]

Make-believe album art for my make-believe band. Made 100% custom in photoshop. This was the first time I attempted to make anything in photoshop, and I'm quite pleased with the outcome.
I like it all except for the text. Looks like something made in Microsoft Word.
Try some text that seems to fit the theme, or something, I dunno.
(10-29-2008, 01:43 PM)Unknown Wrote: [ -> ]I like it all except for the text. Looks like something made in Microsoft Word.
Try some text that seems to fit the theme, or something, I dunno.

Agreed.
It all looks nice and real until the text.
Make it suck less. : D
I think it's because everything else has a think outline and the text is only like a 1px outline
widen it
I honestly don't know how to make fancy text on photoshop at all. Sick
...It's nothing but lines and filters and fill patterns...?

Better'n anything i can do, though.
[Image: marchingpinwheelscopyvs1.png]

or

[Image: marchingpinwheelscopy2vh0.png]

I want it to look kind of like a quilt.
(10-29-2008, 03:57 PM)King Joe Wrote: [ -> ]I want it to look kind of like a quilt.
Well it doesn't.
Indeed
I think that you need to redesign the concept and make it more interesting over all.
Don't bend the text, have a nice, small, basic white font in the top right corner.

Believe me, I am a doctor of these things.

*not a doctor
(10-31-2008, 07:04 AM)you can call me 7ILBY Wrote: [ -> ]Believe me, I am a doctor of these things.

*not a doctor

Heart
Not much a quilt, but reminded me of a collage alright.
The text don't quite fit, as Unknown said, looks like more a MS Word text than anything. This font is intent to be the band logo or just the CD-related logo? Try downloading a new font to match, maybe a script-kind font. I recommend this site.
[Image: marchingpinwheelssecondbv4.png]

Nice and simple, thoughts?
Looks like something you'd place on a shirt, rather than an album. For a shirt design, that's pretty damn sweet for something so simple. For the cover of an album... ...not so much.

By the way, what kind of imaginary music does this make-believe band pretend to play? Usually album art reflects the genre. I think. Actually I don't have any clue what I'm talking about, but maybe it'll work out.
Psychedelic/Space Rock. Wink
Pages: 1 2