Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[FANGAME][PLAYABLE][SCRAPPED] - Super Mario Theta
[Image: thetademobannergg5.png]
And what a year it has been.
We're off to a great start after a rather rocky night tonight, but the site is finally up and rolling. The screenshots are not up yet, but they will be tomorrow, until then please enjoy some from last year. But the real big news is that the demo is finally here. Yes, we're not lying, it's finally here.
Super Mario Theta is really starting to take form guys, and I'm very pleased to announce it's progress is moving along steadily. But as always with good news comes bad news, and for those who haven't looked on the site, I am sorry to say that the game has been delayed to 2009. Not that this is a bad thing, but Yoshiman and I are not going to rush this game out in poor condition.

So until our next update. Play the demo. Report bugs. Share stuff. Discuss

PS. We apologize for the rotating platform in the forest. It will be fixed soon enough.
Thanked by:
A few complaints;
-In the beginning cut scene thing the words are covered and you don't get to read them all.
-The sprites should all be in the same style. What is the point of making a game if you didn't make all of it? From your avatar I assume you made the Mario sprites yourself, it would look a lot better if you also did all the times and stuff as well.
-The controls. You didn't say what they are, the only ones I could figure out were the directional buttons and jumping. And shift is a terrible button to use, especially for jumping. It's stickykeys just waiting to happen.
They could have been somewhere at the beginning of the game but if so I skipped past them wanting to get to the game. Or those could just be the only controls and the speech bubbles above the people didn't actually mean that you could talk to them.

And yeah, I stopped playing after I got to like, the first level >.>
The basic gameplay physics and story seemed fairly decent though.
[Image: ioncesawyouholleringint.jpg]
Thanked by:
Found a bug, in the first level where the first Koopa is walking around near the ledge, I died once then came back and found it had walked over the pit and to the other side, all while in midair.
Thanked by:
Here are 2 I found.

1. Jumping on a Troopa shell under a ? Block (possibly any indestructible block) caused me to slowly jump through said block. By slowly, I mean I had to wait for it him to get through.

2. The top side (not the top, but the sides adjacent to the top) of the pipes have some weird hit-detection. If you're standing right beside it and jump you can't make it past a point.
Doofenshmirtz: This is a little bit awkward but have you seen my escape jet keys? (Perry nods) What, you have? Well that's great! So where are they? (Perry looks away) You won't tell me? Is this because you don't speak or are you just being a jerk?
~Phineas and Ferb, "One Good Scare Ought to Do It!" (2008)
Thanked by:
...My flash Macromedia got canceled, and I can't see the site...
[Image: ahruon11.jpg]
[Image: Clan2.png]
Thanked by:
(10-21-2008, 04:09 AM)Arthur Wrote: A few complaints;
-In the beginning cut scene thing the words are covered and you don't get to read them all.
-The sprites should all be in the same style. What is the point of making a game if you didn't make all of it? From your avatar I assume you made the Mario sprites yourself, it would look a lot better if you also did all the times and stuff as well.
-The controls. You didn't say what they are, the only ones I could figure out were the directional buttons and jumping. And shift is a terrible button to use, especially for jumping. It's stickykeys just waiting to happen.
They could have been somewhere at the beginning of the game but if so I skipped past them wanting to get to the game. Or those could just be the only controls and the speech bubbles above the people didn't actually mean that you could talk to them.

Can you type up which words, I've never had that happen. I don't understand what is not the same about the sprites, and no they are not my custom sprites. I apologize about the controls, I realized that today, and they'll be put in the next version of the demo.

You can also change the controls to anything you'd like on the File -> Controls part.

Thanks for all the bugs write-ups guys.
Thanked by:
Found something that could use a fix. After you get a game over and start over, you still have 0 lives, so dieing again means another game over.
Thanked by:
(10-21-2008, 04:05 PM)Mario Gamer Wrote:

Can you type up which words, I've never had that happen. I don't understand what is not the same about the sprites, and no they are not my custom sprites. I apologize about the controls, I realized that today, and they'll be put in the next version of the demo.

You can also change the controls to anything you'd like on the File -> Controls part.

It's the first thing of words. It has words at the bottom and the picture at the top, just as the black layer is first moving off of them, but the words change before the black layer is gone.
Thanked by:
(10-21-2008, 05:36 PM)Arthur Wrote:
(10-21-2008, 04:05 PM)Mario Gamer Wrote:

It's the first thing of words. It has words at the bottom and the picture at the top, just as the black layer is first moving off of them, but the words change before the black layer is gone.

I cannot recreate this for the life of me. I don't know what happened but it probably won't happen again.
Thanked by:
Here's a screenshot. every single time I open this, in the intro the black bit scrolls over this far and then the text changes before you get to read all of it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanked by:
(10-22-2008, 06:49 PM)Arthur Wrote: Here's a screenshot. every single time I open this, in the intro the black bit scrolls over this far and then the text changes before you get to read all of it.
Huh, well thanks. We'll look into it.
Thanked by:
I have a few canon concerns... No surprise there, you guys know how I am!

Anyway:

Why is Baby Bowser there on the doomship in the intro? Did you mean it to be Bowser Jr. instead?

What's with those freaky tall Toads!? Who's idea was that?

Thanked by:
Mario gamer, concerning the site, I REALLY think you should have given users the option between flash and html. *NOT EVERYONE CAN DEAL WITH FLASHES, WINK*
Thanked by:
(10-22-2008, 11:32 PM)koopaul Wrote: I have a few canon concerns... No surprise there, you guys know how I am!

Anyway:

Why is Baby Bowser there on the doomship in the intro? Did you mean it to be Bowser Jr. instead?

What's with those freaky tall Toads!? Who's idea was that?

That IS Bowser Jr, he's just not wearing his mask. You can thank Tonberry for the Toads. I love them.

And sorry non-flash people, you'll have to wait until the demo gets posted on MFGG.
Thanked by:
I swear those tall Toads were enemies.

Awesome job so far.
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by: