Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Gaia tries something different!
New day, new topic. This is where I'll get extremely experimental from my usual safe zone from here on out (as such stuff from my personal challenge will get posted here too).

[Image: 5d1hqp.png]

First up is one fishy brute done in the new method. Four shades of each color is the goal here, WIP.

[Image: 3523yih.png]

Next here is an oldie but a goodie (design wise). For some reason I went backwards after this point (before anyone asks the feet were intentional, but I think the selout was a bit much)..

[Image: 15ob6e9.png]

A little more closer to home. I need to stop doing this, but this is practically 16 bit mega man with the mm8 pallete and NES size.

[Image: 2z5ku39.png]

One day I had the urge to experiment with the Keroro RPG style. This was the result, which led me to make other variants of the eyes as seen in the other styles.
Thanked by: Kabukiguy, Garamonde
I really like the megaman ones. the way the pose works with the color and size is really appealing to me.
Although Bass has a little more black outlining in his midsection than I'd be comfortable with.
Thanked by: Garamonde, Medevenx
[Image: 23h55ki.png]

[Image: 30t1cp3.png]

Updated both bass. the first bass was basically shrunk and had to do some adjustments; ol' finhead (the second bass)'s black midesction was replaced with the darkest grey on his pallete.
Thanked by: Kabukiguy, Garamonde
Looking back on it, i think the real thing that bothers me is his right hand now. :o
Like he's got one of them limpy arms.

Nice update to scary pink fishlips!
Thanked by:
Bass' ear thing can use some selout inside it. Also, Protoman's shades kind of look like.. eyes o.O
Thanked by:
I can't tell if it's just my phone, but...
did you save those as jpg?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Still some issues with the MM sprites, guess I'll say that they are based off their NES counterparts (hence why Protoman looks like he has eyes), and their stances are based off their MM&B sprites. That could explain why Bass' arm is a little off.

[Image: 2q3nqpz.png]

And Viper, I think it could be just your phone, I saved those as PNG. Weird.
Thanked by: Garamonde
selout his ear man
Thanked by:
(06-06-2012, 05:29 PM)Medevenx Wrote: selout his ear man

"Because sel out is the answer to poor linework man"?
I don't get it sorry Meta.. Anyway, I'm not really a fan of the dark outlines being inside the sprites unless it's like, in front of something else you know.

But here. Smile

[Image: 28vzuj4.png]

oh and Proto's arm cannon doesn't read very well..
Thanked by:
(06-06-2012, 10:47 PM)Meta Wrote:
(06-06-2012, 05:29 PM)Medevenx Wrote: selout his ear man

"Because sel out is the answer to poor linework man"?

I blame bass' design (or me being lazy not cutting corners like Capcom did, or TSR's love for simplicity, take your pick).

Looks like I'm gonna re-do proto's armcannon as well, as for Medevenx, I think you've been familiarized with the M&L style..

So, who wants to see Fix-It Felix Jr. (AKA: Wreck-It Ralph) re-creations?
Thanked by:
[Image: 2hx86ew.png]

Made this atrocity back in mid January. I'd like to see this hedgehog be put up to snuff, this one's case is the complete oppisite of Virt's.
Thanked by:
An atrocity? No. Something that needs a lot of work? Yes.

Those one pixel light spots are distracting and don't really look like they are a part of the light source.
Thanked by: Garamonde
Yeah, but something about the face bugs me in general, this was meant to be modern sonic in S3K, hence those spots. I just need it to look modern without screaming deebs, that's all.
Thanked by:
The face? Hm, maybe lower the snout a bit and level it a bit with the mouth.

Thanked by: