Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
TSR card game [Postponed]
Rules: (being written)
Original first post:
Completed cards:
Characters Attacks:
[Image: Little_lamp_in_dark_room.jpg]

Now I have made Robo 9! Smile
I'm going to put an index in this post soon, in order to organize these guys.
[Image: 2mqrer7.png]
Phantom K! (I will fix him once I learn how to draw ghosts).
[Image: 11ujl7q.png]

You're far from the first person to come up with a TSR card game. In fact, I have some stuff from one of the previous projects...
[Image: PTCARD1.gif][Image: PTCARD2.gif][Image: FALCON1.gif]

You should probably leave card art to the character's owner. The cards themselves are pretty plain and the icons need work.
[Image: ee001b0522d4fd2f5ee2844fa8a32efe82d30bad.png]
I love this idea, and I would definitely play a TSR card game.

The design is a little bland, take a look at some of the more successful card games and try to see what they did to have them pop:
The borders are always pretty vibrant and usually change depending on the type of the creature, and the character portraits change dynamically to fit the center outline instead of all being the same size and pose.

I would say you're off to a good start though and I can't wait to see more.
[Image: 687xo0.png] Sponge7325, Sponge 2, Previous, ~Drakocat~, Devicho, Guy 1, Guy 2[Image: wb3tig.png]

[Image: o.png][Image: o.png][Image: o.png][Image: o.png]
Thanked by: Garamonde, Perseus, Zadaben, Guy
one i made in 2007 used that snk card game: http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_s...sheet/5147
[Image: 1546773.gif]
and i made some baseball cards about two years ago:
[Image: Des_besball_card_by_Desgardes.png][Image: Suzanna_Baseball_Card_by_Desgardes.png]
Altrez is right, dont let the card be a border, make a big sprite and kinda build a fun card around it Cute have fun! go crazy! did you never make pokemon cards as a kid?
[Image: IiIQzhm.gif]
This looks really cool. Do you have any Base Cards? Because I would LOVE to help you out with this.
Thanked by:
Might I suggest using a pixel font? Those autaomaticallay anti-aliased letters are quite ugly. Cute
Wow! Explosion of responses overnight! Okay, responses in chronological order;
@Domobot: If the old project died, then this one can be its renewal, in fact, if you still have it's stuff, I can incorporate those characters into this game so that they aren't lost. Also, I want the cards to be in a similair style for now, but if you have any suggestions for your background (they will be personalized) or your character, feel free to tell me.
@Altrez and Des: I will spruce up the card designs for sure, I was planning on that already, I just wanted to get the layout down, but I want to have the characters in basic poses, so that I can make attack cards that greatly enhance them. (Characters will have a lot more HP later on, I just havn't gotten around to the point system yet.)
@Sponge: As I said to Domobot, I kinda want the cards to be stylized similairily, but you can make suggestions as to character's moves, upgrades, backgrounds, etc.
@Previous: I will, you are right, those letters are extremely gross at the bottom, and not to great at the top.
Also, move damages will vary later, I just am putting -5 for them all (I fixed mine after posting it) for now, but that will change later, and some specials need to be modified, as I realized that Gor's does nothing, because you can already just take a turn with another card. Tongue

Thanked by: Garamonde, Yo-Yo Boy
Why not have some kind of terrain cards?
Maybe they would be called threads in a kind of tSR card game, I dunno.

Edit: And I suggest that the cards will either be red, blue, green or purple depending on which resource the submitter has submited most material to.
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
In Progress: New custom pallates for each character, trying to get used to using custom font, working on first enhancment card, considering terrain cards, de-squaring border, thinking about smaller element icons. Below are some pallate previews.
[Image: 14vod9g.png] [Image: zx77t2.png]
UPDATE: [Image: 108fg1u.png]
An unfinished example of an attack card, although they show specific characters, any card equipped with one can use it.

Sponge, you said you wanted to see a base card? Well, here it is, with the new layout*! Smile
[Image: 2q8xbm1.png]
*New layout is basically old layout with some minor changes (and rounded edges). Cute
Specific changes:

Thanked by: Garamonde, sponge7325
ist quite an ugly and uninteresting desing to begin with. might as well work on something less cluttered and more focused on visuals (like des's snk card) where the info is right there.

in fact, descriptions on those cards are a bad idea due the limitations that working at this size put on you. you'd have a better time by just making cards with simple stats and a nice ilustration. and to work on it as collab, rather than as an actual game(otherwise you'd find yousrlsef on a dead project sooner than you wish)
Thanked by: Gors, Garamonde
Does it look nicer to you when it is all filled out,
[Image: 2921gzp.png]
Or does that just make it seem more cluttered?
Also, regarding the collaberation idea, I suppose it could work, but I would like to make the followig people (unless they want to make themselves).
UPDATE: Gors is now complete!
[Image: 16h0nr5.png]

Thanked by: Garamonde
[Image: 2u7bozk.png]
If anyone finds the layout confusing, I hope this helps. Smile
Going to spend today on Robo9, and then move on to finishing the Bullethead attack, and adding Ghast's fireball as an attack.

Thanked by:
(01-04-2012, 03:52 PM)SirZadaben Wrote: [Image: 2u7bozk.png]
If anyone finds the layout confusing, I hope this helps. Smile
Going to spend today on Robo9, and then move on to finishing the Bullethead attack, and adding Ghast's fireball as an attack.

Vipershark foreshadowing?
[Image: BannerMain.gif][Image: A9p8V.png][Image: BannerMain.gif]
Thanked by: