Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Zerox's Super Smash Bros Melee Rips
Hey all I've now got a new game I'm ripping from for a bit. And this time it's Super Smash Bros Melee thanks to the wonderful guidance of Shadowth in telling me there was a code to make them in their T-Poses. And while trophies don't have bones to be put back into a T-pose there are still some awesome trophy models and as such I'm going to start this thread with one.

[Image: gorontrophy.png]

[Image: gorontrophy_icon.png]

It's like Ocarina of Time HD! Big Grin

Interestingly enough, Gorons are apparently subject to mutation even in Smash Bros:

[Image: GoronMutuantMelee.png]

I intend to rip more of the Zelda Trophies if not all of them as well as all the Zelda playable characters. I also intend to get the Male and Female Wireframes. I'll get all costume colors too of course. I'm nearly finished with Young Link.

@Shadowth: Any tips on how to quickly isolate the proper textures used in the models would be fantastic. These player models have so many textures!
Thanked by:
this is so great! I can't wait to get cracking. that goron is adorable. so much cuter then the TP version
Thanked by:
Aww, I wanted to get the Wireframes... oh well.

Anyways, what I did to get the textures together was convert the model I wanted to .FBX with Embed Media enabled in Max and then reimport the file so all of the important textures are together. Not sure if there's an Embed Media option for any of Blender's exporters, but its worth a look. I don't know of any Blender FBX exporters myself so you'd have to be the one to find them. Any file exporter that can store the texture files in the main model file should work though if you can export and reimport it.

On Captain Falcon for his default costume I manually did it though since I hadn't thought of another way at the time so I do know how painful it is getting those textures together.

Edit: On a side note, I really do like how in Melee they took time to make many models have classic 2D characters just for trophies. The fact that they did a special style for the character models even for playable characters who had separate models among all of the one's they other ones they did completely from scratch is really cool to me.
Thanked by:
Yeah Melee did some awesome stuff like the Bowser trophy where he looks almost like his scales are stone like such as the Fantastic 4's Thing. Or so that's how they appear to me.

Thank you for that FBX idea I'll go attempt such now!

I've got plenty to do with the Zelda series from Melee which was my primary goal if you'd like to get the Wireframes go ahead. I know from a texture hack I saw earlier they only have 1-3 textures I don't remember how many but it was a really small amount. The reason I posted what I was considering getting was so we don't step on each other's toes just as you said. Smile

@Valforwing: I agree I really am an enthusiast to the Ocarina of Time appearance so this model is awesome to me.
Thanked by:
I'm just joking around, you can do them if you want. I've still got to work on getting your BBS models uploaded. I'll still be ripping stuff probably, but not at a good pace until I'm done with that.

It doesn't seem like a lot of work for the BBS stuff, but it takes a little time. The lack of proper texture assignments, which I can't blame you for, doesn't help either, but its coming along I suppose. I just wish that there weren't so many variants of the characters. There's a High Poly variant for most models and Ventus for example has like 6 or more different versions of himself.

And yeah, as I said I do love the designs on those trophies a lot. I think I already said how much I loved the Arwing and Wolfen ones in particular at some point.

Thanked by:
Alrighty then. I'm still trying to do my part with the BBS Icons and reassigning textures as they're my rips. I'm about half way through the worlds I finish them tomorrow.

Sadly enough converting it to FBX and reconverting it isn't working because I can't get the textures to embed. >.>
Thanked by:
I've never even played Ocarina of time, But I love the segment from Adventure mode where you search through the temple for the triforce symbol...I knew some tricks for getting to it real quick, oh, do you guys think you can ever rip that stage? it's one of my faves, plus it would be nice to be able to look at the layout of the whole thing at a glance so that next time i'll have map while running that dungeon. Melee was ausoem.. oh, do you guys know if you will eventually be able to rip models from Super Smash Brothers 64? it's really just the Pokemon stage i'm looking for as the stages from brawl and melee were both lame (they had 2 pokemon stadiums that wer'nt very fun to play on, and one i could'nt even identify)
what i'm looking for is the Saffron stage.
Thanked by:
Really valfor? The Pokemon stadiums change around and Pokefloats was just fun in my opinion. To each his own.

I may try and get that stage, but a lot of those types of stages haven't been coming out right when I tried to trip them. Even some of the normal stages don't come out right for various reasons like Final Destination unfortunately. As for Saffron City, I personally don't usually do N64 rips, but someone else may at some point.
Thanked by:
I happen to know that Solink is working on ripping Link from Smash64 but I have no idea if he has further plans just stick around and see. And again I'd stress the fact valfor that you could try ripping the 64 models yourself.

And now for the reason I came on, here's Young Link with his 4 alternate colors included.

[Image: younglinkmelee.png]

[Image: younglinkmelee_icon.png]

I'm really satisfied with how this came out but it'll be a while before we have all the characters if we ever do just solely based on the fact that they have so many textures! I'm so glad that with future games Nintendo did most models with 2-3 textures instead including in most Brawl player models.
Thanked by:
heh I guess i just liked saffron better, the stadiums change is all but I wish they'd added more stages from the pokemon series, it's the reason i originally started playing SSB. (Poke floats is ausome btw, I have'nt unlocked it yet on SSBM but i've played it on my cousin's for several years, it's a shame it's not in SSBB) anyway i'm off to play SSBB
Thanked by:
It looks good Zerox! I hope the textures weren't too bad to work with.

Its a good rip if a bit vertically stretched. If you can compare it an ingame screenshot you'll see what I mean. Other than that small issue he seems to have come out great.
Thanked by:
Stretched upward or down?
Thanked by:
Not sure what you mean by upwards or downwards. Just vertically in general. Here's a comparison for you.

[Image: younglinkmelee.png][Image: linkingame.jpg]
Thanked by:
I mean should I make him shorter or taller?
Thanked by:
Shorter based on the SSBM screenshot I took. Just base it on that and it should be fine.
Thanked by: