Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
are names really necessary?
[Image: gazed.png]
started this on tuesday out of boredom
i'm quite happy with myself considering i didn't use any references but i'm sure that there are some flaws which you can help me identify
and yes. the hat is big.

critique please
[Image: RuAIooB.png]
Thanked by:
the hat seems fine to me! you've made an effort in making the hair in strands, and i have to say i like it! the real letdown is the face and the colours. i'm going to edit it, brb
keep it up! Big Grin
[Image: beeted.png]
i have an issue with the contrast, the contrast between different elements, and the colours. some of the strands on the left seem off.
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:
That edit has the nose the right position, but it looks kinda manly now...
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by: Alpha Six, Maxpphire
The chin looks to be a bit far forward, and a bit man-shaped.

Otherwise, I love it, the hair especially came out nice.
Thanked by:
The dithering isn't necessary on this piece, unless you wanted to keep the color count down? I just don't think it works since it gives the hat a rough texture. Overall, it's quite nice. I especially enjoy the hair! Well done. =)

Heart
Thanked by:
I agree with everything Chris said, the face and colours need a lot of work, it's a pretty nice attempt though.

Also wtf, we have like practically the same avatar.
this is a sig

Thanked by:
(10-14-2010, 05:22 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: That edit has the nose the right position, but it looks kinda manly now...
chris2men

Thanked by: Nindo, Maxpphire, S-Cpu
Thanks for the comments

@chris2balls: many thanks for the edit, I can now see how off the original nose was. Although, yeah, she does look a bit manlier now which is probably thick eyebrows amongst other things

@Delicious: I originally put in the dithering to emulate the wooliness of the hat but if it doesn't really work I can remove it

@Woppet: I think we changed avatars at exactly the same time because I saw your avatar about 5mins after I changed mine and I though exactly the same thing

I'm gonna be in Beijing for the next two weeks so I won't be able to work on it but when i get back it I'll start working on it
[Image: RuAIooB.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
Nevermind then, I think the dithering might work here.. Perhaps another color could help form the texture a bit more?

Anyways, have fun on your trip!
Heart
Thanked by: