The VG Resource

Full Version: are names really necessary?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: gazed.png]
started this on tuesday out of boredom
i'm quite happy with myself considering i didn't use any references but i'm sure that there are some flaws which you can help me identify
and yes. the hat is big.

critique please
the hat seems fine to me! you've made an effort in making the hair in strands, and i have to say i like it! the real letdown is the face and the colours. i'm going to edit it, brb
keep it up! Big Grin
[Image: beeted.png]
i have an issue with the contrast, the contrast between different elements, and the colours. some of the strands on the left seem off.
That edit has the nose the right position, but it looks kinda manly now...
The chin looks to be a bit far forward, and a bit man-shaped.

Otherwise, I love it, the hair especially came out nice.
The dithering isn't necessary on this piece, unless you wanted to keep the color count down? I just don't think it works since it gives the hat a rough texture. Overall, it's quite nice. I especially enjoy the hair! Well done. =)

I agree with everything Chris said, the face and colours need a lot of work, it's a pretty nice attempt though.

Also wtf, we have like practically the same avatar.
(10-14-2010, 05:22 PM)GrooveMan.exe Wrote: [ -> ]That edit has the nose the right position, but it looks kinda manly now...
chris2men

Thanks for the comments

@chris2balls: many thanks for the edit, I can now see how off the original nose was. Although, yeah, she does look a bit manlier now which is probably thick eyebrows amongst other things

@Delicious: I originally put in the dithering to emulate the wooliness of the hat but if it doesn't really work I can remove it

@Woppet: I think we changed avatars at exactly the same time because I saw your avatar about 5mins after I changed mine and I though exactly the same thing

I'm gonna be in Beijing for the next two weeks so I won't be able to work on it but when i get back it I'll start working on it
Nevermind then, I think the dithering might work here.. Perhaps another color could help form the texture a bit more?

Anyways, have fun on your trip!