Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Nes Smash Sprites
I know these are just simple color edits, please, not crap for that.
I just want to know if the color themes would work for an NES smash type game.
Each Character uses colors from their own games only.

Link^ I have no specific questions for this, just wanting to know if it looks nice.

Mario^ The center set, (Third scheme from top and bottom), only has one sprite colored. I like the idea of using the original color scheme where the Red and Blue are inverted, but does it look too similar?
Also, does the "Golden" Mario (Second from the bottom) sound like an okay alt, to match Luigis Silver?

Luigi^ The center set once again, i have only one colored, but would this be okay? I dont want him to have all the same alts as mario, and i just kidna threw this together, and thought it looked nice.
Also, is the "Silver" luigi okay with you all?
Any noise annoys an oyster, but a noisy noise annoys an oyster more.
Thanked by:
Is this supposed to be like, SSB ? Or just for fun ?
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
Its for a Super Smash Bros Retro game im working on.

Its not supposed to be the same as the official Smashes colors, but i want to know if they would look good in an NES smash game.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2010, 08:52 AM)nicktheslayer Wrote: I know these are just simple color edits, please, not crap for that.
don't post them then

complex edits that looked different enough from the originals would be fine but a "simple color edit"(recolor) is just that, a recolor. and it takes absolutely no talent to do. it's the equivalent of me posting the mona lisa in sepia tone and saying "i know its just a simple color edit, no crap for that" and expecting legitimate comments
(05-06-2010, 02:01 PM)sweet georgia brown Wrote: it's the equivalent of me posting the mona lisa in sepia tone and saying "i know its just a simple color edit, no crap for that" and expecting legitimate comments
Give credit to Leonardo Da Vinci for the base, man.

But yes, basically you posted recolors and nothing else. If anything, Mario and Luigi's lack of outlines would spell disaster on some backgrounds, so avoid them like the plague.
Thanked by:
@ Sweet Georgia Brown

Defeated;

Okay, the point of this isnt "Yay look at these awesome edits i made, harharhar, im awesome"

I didnt say i posted anything more than recolors. Thats EXACTLY what i posted, for a reason.

Take link for example, if he was in an NES Smash Brothers game. His other colors are just alternate costumes. Now, what im saying, are these okay for a Smash Game? I mean, is this a nice selection, is there another color you would like, maybe a color should be darker or lighter, etc.

Please, put aside the fact that these are so simple, and answer the question i actually gave you.

@ Maneko
Ill give credit for the sprites in-game for sure, is it necessary to add them here?
Thanked by:
(05-06-2010, 03:31 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: Please, put aside the fact that these are so simple, and answer the question i actually gave you.
wow way to use your reading comprehension

don't post edits on tsr. they're frowned upon and take no skill. if you honestly need to ask if something from an official game(with different colors) would look okay in a game, you probably also need to ask permission to use the computer
oh man OWNED!!!!!!!!

but yeah - posting recolors doesn't take a whole ton of skill man. For these kind of things, use your judgement and then when you have that finished product, then post it.

Personally, I'd like to see you do something amazing, like make the character select profile pictures into fancy 8-bit mood pixel art

[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:
Okay, point taken.

Ill add in a little bit the item sprites.

I dont want anyone commenting on the sprites that im not specifically asking about, most are just items from the games, with nothing changed, but some are customs/edits. (Not recolors, for the most part).

Ill edit this post with them in a bit.

Edit:
[Image: SmashItems.png]

Do the Assist Trophies look okay? (There are three kinds, Character Assist, Enemy Assist, and Boss Assist)

Should there be something else besides pacman and the ghosts in it though? I wanted something like mario -> goomba -> bowser, instead of pacman -> ghost -> red ghost, but i couldnt think of anything that would fit inside it.

Also, could someone either animate the smash ball, or tell me the site again where i can make it a .gif?

I found a better proxy that allows me to use more sites, like youtube and such, so i want to try it again.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2010, 04:43 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: I dont want anyone commenting on the sprites that im not specifically asking about

Dude, then don't post them. If you post something on a public forum you will get comments, like it or not.
The items doesn't look very good, btw. Either you use outlines or not, but don't mix them at random, as they make everything look unconsistent.
Thanked by: Maxpphire
These arent custom, they are rips from various NES games.

I dont want to change any sprites, even if they arent all in style. Theyre supposed to have an NES feeling to them, i dont want to mess it up.
Thanked by:
So you don't want people commenting on your recolors and you don't want to edit the sprite rips you will use either.
Dude. Why did you bothered to open a discussion thread and asked for opinions in the first place?
Thanked by:
(05-06-2010, 05:54 PM)Maneko Wrote: So you don't want people commenting on your recolors and you don't want to edit the sprite rips you will use either.
Dude. Why did you bothered to open a discussion thread and asked for opinions in the first place?

I DO want comments on the customs.

I DONT want comments on the rips.
Thanked by:
(05-06-2010, 05:55 PM)nicktheslayer Wrote: I DO want comments on the customs.
post some then

adding two colors and changing 4 pixels on an official sprite != custom
Thanked by: Rhyme, Maxpphire
I did.

The assist trophies and the Smash Ball.
Thanked by: Iceman404