Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mockup and Characters!
Okay, I learned in my last thread that I shouldn't be lazy. Well that starts now, with these pixels.

[Image: p10408545.png]
[Image: p10407886.gif][Image: p10409737.gif][Image: p10409738.gif]

[Image: p10408433.png]

Mockup has no shading yet.

[Image: p10408469.png]

These moustachemen were supposed to be in it.
Thanked by:
to be honest, the main character looks too generic :\
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
I like the style, but not the background.
[Image: E3DU8rS.png]
Reference
♥ ♥ ♥ LOVE ♥ ♥ ♥
Omega ; Phant Mmkay ; Baegal ; Gorsal ; Drakocat ; Chaoxys ; TomGuyCott ; Chris2balls ; Mighty Jetters ; Blueblur97 ; NICKtendo DS ;
Kachua (Secret Santa) ; and some more that i need to locate, save and link onto here
Thanked by:
I know at least 3 or four people who have draw the exact same character, desing wise.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B], Shawn
Then what should I do with him? Change clothes and hair?
Thanked by:
do whatever you want with him. but bear in mind that desing wise is an overused cliche.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]
LOL, that blob reminds me of a Po-Poring

But anyways, the animations look nice.
I'm not sure if that's going to be the final BG styling, cause It needs some work on details.

The sprites how ever look okay, they animate well and the designs work.

I don't recommend that you'd do anything too drastic on changes, it looks fine to me.
[Image: Intro_Project2_zpsa3f9d668.gif]
Thanked by:
Please. no more blob monsters. They're the least creative video game creatures.
(04-23-2010, 11:24 PM)mozzeh Wrote: Please. no more blob monsters. They're the least creative video game creatures.

The blob monster is actually a parody to all RPG slimes that exist. As you can see from these characters, the project isn't really very serious. I also thought about making a samurai fish and a pirate duck enemy (although pirate duck looks too childish imo)

[Image: p10408541.png]

I'll try to incorporate something new to the main character's design.
Thanked by:
everything except the blob is not generic.
Thanked by:
it's kinda hard to de-genericize a character when they don't technically have anything special about them...

I'd say give him a hat, but main characters with distinguishing hats are pretty overdone too.

do you have anything in mind for his abilities, so that you can incorporate his design around them?
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: p10411226.png]

None so far. Anyway, I added a robot that gives you coffee.
Thanked by: Baegal
honestly the guy with the hammer seems to have a lot more character than your main character :I
[Image: IGBanner.png]
Thanked by:
i honestly thought that was kevin/greensoft from PJ/DA.

should totally change that main char and the slime thing.
Thanked by:
(04-27-2010, 03:27 PM)JarJar Wrote: i honestly thought that was kevin/greensoft from PJ/DA.
It's not supposed to be?

I refrained from commenting because I thought it was intentionally supposed to be greensoft from PJ/DA tbh
Thanked by: