[Image: p10407829.png]
I like stealing ideas. Smile

I figured I'd post this here.

[Image: p10403877.gif]
[Image: p10404902.gif]
[Image: p10406183.gif]
[Image: p10406187.png]

I really need help with these:

Wings of the character (I want them to flap when he's attacking, but I can't seem to make them any good)
Shading the large red enemy.
Wings of the one-eyed bat.

I HATE WINGS. I don't know why I keep making characters with them. :/
Thanked by:
The second anim's sword looks rubbery when it hits the floor.
Thanked by:
Yyyeahh I'm probably gonna fix that. Here's the idea I had shading the grunt.

[Image: p10405470.png]

If anyone can really help out here. Thanks so much. While I'm waiting for the some help, I'm going to finish the bat and animate it.
Thanked by:
I actually like the rubbery feel to the animation (as long as you keep it consistant), and the big red guy rocks.
your colors are awfull though, you need alot more contrast. Don't be afraid to mess around with ripped sprite colors either, cause it will really help you grow
Thanked by:
I'm awful at explaining things, so I edited the head of the red guy to help you. (Mine is on top)
[Image: ilatd0.jpg]

idk, i think i injected too much of my own style into it
Thanked by:
Make the horns look more cutesy? Smile) And the shading rounder? Hm.. I tried to fix it by using Bones' version as a reference.

[Image: p10405488.png]
Thanked by:
I kind of like him without pupils, it makes him seem stronger, but not the brightest. With the pupils he looks like one of those cliché rough guys with a heart of gold.
Thanked by: Zac, Baegal
Alright, now I need help with the bat.

[Image: p10405711.png]
Thanked by:
I'm no good at wings myself, but that's simply not how wings work. Shade at the top rather than the bottom, underneath the arches of the wings. You may also want to consider that the wings will be bent "forward" (as in forward from the bat's viewpoint) with the inside of the wings facing the ground more. Also since the things that encompass the wing are thin and rounded, try using thin highlights rather than trying to shade them.
[Image: wing.png]
Here's a two-second-made example of what I'm trying to say.

I really like that red muscular thing by the way.
[Image: untitledre6.gif]
PJ ~ Devi ~ Sheezy
Thanked by:
(04-11-2010, 11:03 PM)X Gamer 66 Wrote: I'm no good at wings myself, but that's simply not how wings work. Shade at the top rather than the bottom, underneath the arches of the wings. You may also want to consider that the wings will be bent "forward" (as in forward from the bat's viewpoint) with the inside of the wings facing the ground more. Also since the things that encompass the wing are thin and rounded, try using thin highlights rather than trying to shade them.
[Image: wing.png]
Here's a two-second-made example of what I'm trying to say.

I really like that red muscular thing by the way.

YOU. ME. BABIES. NAO.

[Image: p10405750.png]

I love you for teaching me that so clearly! Maybe I'll get better in the future when it comes to wings. Wink
[Image: o7XYLZG.gif][Image: BYMWXB7.gif]
[Image: eh8P6l0.gif]
Thanked by:
wings are modified arms/hands. it should be something like this
[Image: 2po89xd.png]
Thanked by:
Thanks! I will fix it now because it does look wrong like that. Here's a small PA I'm going to do while fixing and sheeting the bat. Those are just shading guidelines I'm so far from the finished product.

[Image: p10406089.png]
Thanked by:
(04-12-2010, 10:00 PM)Medevenx Wrote: Tyvon

wh
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]
Thanked by: Rhyme, Zac
I'm drunk I must've thought it was Alpha Six.
Thanked by:
(04-12-2010, 10:26 PM)*Gorsal* Wrote:
(04-12-2010, 10:00 PM)Medevenx Wrote: Tyvon

wh

i wish Cute
Thanked by: