Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
And then something was finished
Some virus based enemies for computer based levels in a mario game. Most of the creatures in the levels will be based off of the Memory Bros. from M&L3.

BowzWare
[Image: kingbowzware.gif]
The boss of the final level in the computer. You fight him in 2 parts. A M&L themed RPG battle (the play style, not the graphic style), and a fight that is a tribute to the giant baby bowser fight in yoshi's Island.

Fevirus (Fever/Virus/Feverous)
[Image: feverus.gif]

Chilljan (Chill/Trojan)
[Image: chill2.gif]

Weirm (Weird/Worm)
[Image: weirm.gif]

idk
Thanked by:
That BowzWare animation looks badass.
[Image: 14.gif]
Thanked by:
(03-05-2010, 05:43 PM)Chdonga Wrote: That BowzWare animation looks badass.

I have to agree. But will there be more frames, or is this it?
Thanked by:
(03-05-2010, 05:56 PM)Midi Wrote:
(03-05-2010, 05:43 PM)Chdonga Wrote: That BowzWare animation looks badass.

I have to agree. But will there be more frames, or is this it?

hes got a whole sheet for him, but I'll let him post it if he wants it up here
Thanked by:
Post the whole sheet you posted from MFGG.
~~LOVE~~ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.
[Image: mousey.gif]
Thanked by:
You mean this one?
[Image: birus.png]

aasfasfdasfs I just noticed that I (yet again) ended a sentence before I finished it. As I was saying, you fight BowzWare in a 2 part battle. The first is a M&L styled battle, the second is a tribute to the Big Bad Baby Bowser fight in Yoshi's Island. Lemme fix my first post to say that.

Oh, and if anyone could do me a favor and make those 3 virus gifs transparent please. Gifworks is gone an I can't find another good site to use.
Thanked by:
That is quite badass my good sir. Cheers to you.
[Image: DffP5jr.png]
Thanked by:
Awesome sprites man.
I wished there was a blocked Bowser in the game.
[Image: ra2mvm.png]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!
Thanked by:
Alright, I want to start working on some tilesets for the computer levels, and I need some opinions. Which would look cooler for a computer level, neon green outline landscapes filled with black (World of Goo Information Superhighway), or pseudo low Polygon landscapes, or maybe even low polygons that often break to show a neon green mesh under them.

Only reason I want to do the third is because it would show that the computer area is being attacked by viruses. Also, keep in mind that pretty much everything in the computer levels will clash with the style for the most part since it is meant to look like something from a computer and not something the characters would usually interact with face to face. I wanted to keep the player reminded that they are in a computer by having everything stick out in odd ways.
Thanked by:
I think the third option would look pretty neat. :>
Thanked by: Jdaster64
(03-05-2010, 08:32 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: Oh, and if anyone could do me a favor and make those 3 virus gifs transparent please. Gifworks is gone an I can't find another good site to use.
[Image: feverus.gif]
[Image: chill2.gif]
[Image: weirm.gif]
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
Thank you very much Solink
Thanked by:
friggin nice, best memory bro-like sprites ive seen.
Thanked by:
I have to admit, it's a shame that this is pretty much all the fangame will need because they are fun to make. Idk, I might make the Memory Bros. later on for fun so I can submit it.

Oh, I also need help naming my next enemy. It's basically a scroll bar thwomp. Scromp seems to predictable. Maybe something simple like Scroll Thwomp? I don't know, any ideas?
Thanked by:
(03-05-2010, 08:32 PM)Chaoxys Wrote: You mean this one?

aasfasfdasfs I just noticed that I (yet again) ended a sentence before I finished it. As I was saying, you fight BowzWare in a 2 part battle. The first is a M&L styled battle, the second is a tribute to the Big Bad Baby Bowser fight in Yoshi's Island. Lemme fix my first post to say that.

Oh, and if anyone could do me a favor and make those 3 virus gifs transparent please. Gifworks is gone an I can't find another good site to use.

Why go searching for a site? I used a program called MS GIF Animator for my avatar. It`s free and pretty useful, but it`s also like the Win XP version of MS Paint, simple and to the point without a ton of extras, but still very limited as well. But not so much that it can`t get the job done. Like you can`t edit the frames right on the spot in the program, but you can paste images in, and it`ll resize the canvas automatically to fit. I think you should try it.
Thanked by: