Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Another thread about Pokemon sprites?
Gen 4 Eeveelutions in Gen 2 style. I might animate them once the sprites look good. I like Glaceon and something seems off about Leafeon, but I want crits please because I know they're not perfect.

[Image: eevees.png]
Thanked by:
just scrap leafeon and make a new one
or at least try to make it way simpler than it is now

it's way too complicated
look at the other sprites
none of them have that much detail

also shut up i know it actually has that shit on it but it doesn't look right here
Thanked by:
Glaceon's ears look a little strange, like they're placed too high on the head, or that the crest isn't big enough, or something.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by: Baegal
Both their hindlegs look too fat compared to their forelegs. Also the darker blue parts on Glaceon should probably just be black with a hint of blue highlighting.
Thanked by:
Changed Glaceon's ear positions, back legs, crest thing, and dark parts. Started a new outline for Leafeon.

Thanked by:
Leafeon's new pose looks very similar to Jolteon's, and all the old ones have unique poses. Maybe you should try at least mirroring the head?
Thanked by:
[Image: eevees.png]?
Thanked by:
The right (our left) leg looks kinda stiff. Maybe bend it to the left a bit, like how Jolteon has its legs.
Thanked by:
glaceon's rear leg still looks a bit fat to me
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:
Glaceon looks kinda "stiff" ins some areas, and theres a bit too much aa going on, aa has to be made where its hardly noticible
Thanked by:
Finished Leafeon, and made Glaceon's back legs smaller and toned down the AA.

[Image: eeveesb.png]
Thanked by:
[Image: Leafeon.png]

Try going by this one
Thanked by:
I may come off as a prick with all these crits, but you should pick a darker green for Leafeon as the colour difference as it is wouldn't be very noticeable at all on a Gameboy screen.
Thanked by:
Leafeons ears look too small and its right (our left) eye looks a bit square. Try cahanging the topp left pixel of the ey with the darker green.
茶 = Tea
Thanked by:
No, the criticism is good. Anyway, I tried changing the green. But due to style restrictions, I had some problems. This al;lows for only Black, white, and two colors. Most pokemon use two shades (like Eevee through Espeon, two shades of the main color, Umbreon is different because Black is already one of the necessary colors), but others like Charizard on this sheet http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy...sheet/9204 use two colors to color different thing (Charizard has orange for the body and dark blue for the wings' insides. The orange on his body has one less shade and therefore, overall, he has less shading than Charmeleon with two shades of red (or the Eeveelutions).

So the left of the two Leafeons (#1) has Shading like Charizard, dark green for the leaves and yellow for the body. Things are more distinguishable, but there's almost no shading aside from white highlights and a bit of black dithering.

The right one (#2) has the green acting as a darker shade of yellow and as the main color for the leaves. This one is shaded like the other Eeveelutions. I tried using the darker green for the shading on #2 and things were too dark. Likewise, things were too light with #2's green on #1.

I also changed around some parts of Leafon's head and ears (his head is really crowded; ears, fur under ears, fur between ears, that leaf on the forehead in front of the fur between ears).

Thanked by: