Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
do ya do ya want my sprites
fff new sprite thread with a parody of do ya as a title :B

I find the pokemon spriting style so annoying but so pleasing.

Purflame (Fire Starter)
[Image: purflame.png]
I think I made him too big, and I think the fire sucks. The eyes don't look very pokemon-y either...
I didn't use any references on this which explains how it's so un-pokemon like.
and there's always more
Thanked by:
holy shit that actually looks good

i mean based on the title my expectations couldn't have been lower so odds are it isn't quite as good as it looks to me right now but

wow
Thanked by:
Pretty mch what tuna said

try moving his larger eye farther away from his other eye more, his face seems scrunched
[Image: 803ce84258.gif]
Thanked by:
yeah eyes are a bit messed up, one pupil looks larger than the other, and the positions are uneven
Thanked by:
yeah, it's definitely too big for something that's going to have two evolutions. also I've noticed shading in Pokemon sprites uses dithering, so you could look into adding a bit of that.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
While it's not perfect, you've really improved since the sprite in your avatar

good job
Thanked by:
Ah, thank you guys. I fixed most of the problems I guess, but i'm not sure about the eye. It's a habit that I hate, but I don't know if it really looks right. I tried shrinking the left eye but it didn't look good.
[Image: purflame2.png]
and there's always more
Thanked by:
Man I was so expecting Franken-pokemon made by slapping pieces of other pokemon together.
Good work so far.
[Image: randomimage.cgi]
Thanked by:
oh hey I remember you
stop disappearing Very Sad

yeah the eyes seem out of perspective to me
not really sure how you would fix it, though :L

it just feels like the head is aiming left but the eyes are positioned as if it's facing us a bit more.
HAVE I BEEN MISLEAD?? [Image: TeamStory.gif] THE DREAM ISN'T DEAD???

Thanked by:
I'm sorry i blame school haha ;A;
I totally agree with the eye. I always make the father away eye taller than the closer one, which i hate about my style heh
edit: oh okay, i can fix that
edit edit: fixed
[Image: purflame3.png]
and there's always more
Thanked by:
they're still a bit misaligned; the head is slightly tilting upward where the eyes slant downward. move the left (our left) eye up.

I also feel like the gem on its head could be centered a bit more, it seems too far to the right. try placing it directly between the eyes.
[Image: bunka3.png]
Thanked by:
Alright, i hopefully fixed all the problems with my sprite.
[Image: purflame4.png]
and there's always more
Thanked by: Jovian-12
haha, looks awesome. You have a nice grasp of the style (It's impossible for me), although the eyes look more anime-ish than pokemon-ish
[Image: OH4K4jX.gif] [Image: R7WBBzo.gif] [Image: TsJpssj.gif]
-----------------------[Love]-----------------------
Thanked by:
New pixel art!!
It's a new avatar. I'm pretty happy with it right now, but i can see it needs some work.
[Image: lennehlover100xav.png]
and there's always more
Thanked by:
That looks great, I'd add more contrast if it were my sprite but it looks fine, apart from a few jaggy lines.
On the lookout for more!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by: