The VG Resource

Full Version: do ya do ya want my sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
fff new sprite thread with a parody of do ya as a title :B

I find the pokemon spriting style so annoying but so pleasing.

Purflame (Fire Starter)
[Image: purflame.png]
I think I made him too big, and I think the fire sucks. The eyes don't look very pokemon-y either...
I didn't use any references on this which explains how it's so un-pokemon like.
holy shit that actually looks good

i mean based on the title my expectations couldn't have been lower so odds are it isn't quite as good as it looks to me right now but

wow
Pretty mch what tuna said

try moving his larger eye farther away from his other eye more, his face seems scrunched
yeah eyes are a bit messed up, one pupil looks larger than the other, and the positions are uneven
yeah, it's definitely too big for something that's going to have two evolutions. also I've noticed shading in Pokemon sprites uses dithering, so you could look into adding a bit of that.
While it's not perfect, you've really improved since the sprite in your avatar

good job
Ah, thank you guys. I fixed most of the problems I guess, but i'm not sure about the eye. It's a habit that I hate, but I don't know if it really looks right. I tried shrinking the left eye but it didn't look good.
[Image: purflame2.png]
Man I was so expecting Franken-pokemon made by slapping pieces of other pokemon together.
Good work so far.
oh hey I remember you
stop disappearing Very Sad

yeah the eyes seem out of perspective to me
not really sure how you would fix it, though :L

it just feels like the head is aiming left but the eyes are positioned as if it's facing us a bit more.
I'm sorry i blame school haha ;A;
I totally agree with the eye. I always make the father away eye taller than the closer one, which i hate about my style heh
edit: oh okay, i can fix that
edit edit: fixed
[Image: purflame3.png]
they're still a bit misaligned; the head is slightly tilting upward where the eyes slant downward. move the left (our left) eye up.

I also feel like the gem on its head could be centered a bit more, it seems too far to the right. try placing it directly between the eyes.
Alright, i hopefully fixed all the problems with my sprite.
[Image: purflame4.png]
haha, looks awesome. You have a nice grasp of the style (It's impossible for me), although the eyes look more anime-ish than pokemon-ish
New pixel art!!
It's a new avatar. I'm pretty happy with it right now, but i can see it needs some work.
[Image: lennehlover100xav.png]
That looks great, I'd add more contrast if it were my sprite but it looks fine, apart from a few jaggy lines.
On the lookout for more!
Pages: 1 2