Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need ROM advice
I'm planning to rip a few games in the future.
However, I have no idea where I should get roms from.
All the sites I've seen are chinsey little holes with adds all over the place.
None of them look very safe.

Anyone know a "clean" trustworthy place to get my roms?
Do not link me to places, this probably goes against a core TSR rule.
Just mention the site name, maybe give some info about it.

Edit> Also would be nice if the site told me what base system emulator I need before the download.

This thread is most likely going to be locked before I get a single response. How fun!
[Image: garrybeusymonsters.gif]
Thanked by:
For older games, dgemu is pretty good. Dashroms used to be good, but lately their DS stuff has been constantly down.
[Image: tumblr_lctx1p6L3L1qzvjn8o1_500.gif]
Thanked by:
Romulation
They have all the old consoles roms and new ones like DS and Gamecube
[Image: scaled.php?server=441&filename=ipposig.png&res=medium]
Thanked by:
Any that I don't need to join?
Thanked by:
(12-16-2009, 07:28 PM)Attack of the Jesus lizard Wrote: Any that I don't need to join?
CoolROM
Thanked by:
If you're okay with a few popups then this site is good: http://www.emuparadise.org/index2.php
Its worth the popups IMO just for the sheer amount of ROMs for various systems you can download there.

Just make sure to click the ROMs link under "hosted @ EP" or it'll take you to a section you need to register to download from.
Thanked by:
holy shit youre allowed to post rom links here

or are you?

edit: oh, so you can mention them but not actually link to them

Well use Emu-Russia for stuff SNES and older. Very reliable site, no popups or shit like that.
Thanked by:
Rom-news used to be good but they don't have download links anymore. Also, Shadowth117, remove the link or i'm p sure you'll get banned
Thanked by:
Whatever you do don't use Desume.
[Image: ra2mvm.png]
I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!!
Thanked by:
Why not?
Thanked by:
(12-17-2009, 12:28 AM)Rhymey Wrote: Also, Shadowth117, remove the link or i'm p sure you'll get banned

THE RULES Wrote:Exclamation4.*stuff* You are allowed to link to rom sites, but we are in no way related to these websites or condone the use of them.
Thanked by:
I played a bit with Desmune, I see no problem with that. E even ripped a bit with it. A note is you might have to download more than one DS emulator, because some emulators might not be compatible with one rom, but the other is.

I use this Chinese site for DS roms, Emuparadise for some others and DGEmu for some. Also there is EmuAsylum.

http://hi.92wy.com/nds_0_0_1_0_0.html -> the Chinese site. If you look around there's also PSP, GBA, MegaDrive/Genesis, SNes (under SFC), NES (FC) and PS1.
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by:
K.
A few more questions.

1: What Emulators are there for Neo-geo?

2: Is there a way to disable sprite layers in Fusion? (that genesis emulator that runs a lot of the Sega titles, if you didn't know.)
Thanked by:
(12-20-2009, 09:12 PM)Attack of the Jesus lizard Wrote: K.
A few more questions.

1: What Emulators are there for Neo-geo?

2: Is there a way to disable sprite layers in Fusion? (that genesis emulator that runs a lot of the Sega titles, if you didn't know.)
1:Kawaks(it also disable layers)

2:I don't know but Gens has it(Dazz even made a version that replace the black background by a pink one but you have to ask him to give it to you)
Thanked by:
1- Your best choice around is Kawaks, but there's also NeoMAME and KBMAME if you're into using the MAME emulator

2 - Megasis also removes layers and it's saves are compatible with Gens and many other formats, but Gens (specially Dazz's) are the best. I have to use Megasis in some computer because Gens conflicts with some video cards and I have no clue on how to solve it
[Image: MegaEXESig.png]
Thanked by: