The VG Resource

Full Version: Need ROM advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm planning to rip a few games in the future.
However, I have no idea where I should get roms from.
All the sites I've seen are chinsey little holes with adds all over the place.
None of them look very safe.

Anyone know a "clean" trustworthy place to get my roms?
Do not link me to places, this probably goes against a core TSR rule.
Just mention the site name, maybe give some info about it.

Edit> Also would be nice if the site told me what base system emulator I need before the download.

This thread is most likely going to be locked before I get a single response. How fun!
For older games, dgemu is pretty good. Dashroms used to be good, but lately their DS stuff has been constantly down.
Romulation
They have all the old consoles roms and new ones like DS and Gamecube
Any that I don't need to join?
(12-16-2009, 07:28 PM)Attack of the Jesus lizard Wrote: [ -> ]Any that I don't need to join?
CoolROM
If you're okay with a few popups then this site is good: http://www.emuparadise.org/index2.php
Its worth the popups IMO just for the sheer amount of ROMs for various systems you can download there.

Just make sure to click the ROMs link under "hosted @ EP" or it'll take you to a section you need to register to download from.
holy shit youre allowed to post rom links here

or are you?

edit: oh, so you can mention them but not actually link to them

Well use Emu-Russia for stuff SNES and older. Very reliable site, no popups or shit like that.
Rom-news used to be good but they don't have download links anymore. Also, Shadowth117, remove the link or i'm p sure you'll get banned
Whatever you do don't use Desume.
Why not?
(12-17-2009, 12:28 AM)Rhymey Wrote: [ -> ]Also, Shadowth117, remove the link or i'm p sure you'll get banned

THE RULES Wrote:Exclamation4.*stuff* You are allowed to link to rom sites, but we are in no way related to these websites or condone the use of them.
I played a bit with Desmune, I see no problem with that. E even ripped a bit with it. A note is you might have to download more than one DS emulator, because some emulators might not be compatible with one rom, but the other is.

I use this Chinese site for DS roms, Emuparadise for some others and DGEmu for some. Also there is EmuAsylum.

http://hi.92wy.com/nds_0_0_1_0_0.html -> the Chinese site. If you look around there's also PSP, GBA, MegaDrive/Genesis, SNes (under SFC), NES (FC) and PS1.
K.
A few more questions.

1: What Emulators are there for Neo-geo?

2: Is there a way to disable sprite layers in Fusion? (that genesis emulator that runs a lot of the Sega titles, if you didn't know.)
(12-20-2009, 09:12 PM)Attack of the Jesus lizard Wrote: [ -> ]K.
A few more questions.

1: What Emulators are there for Neo-geo?

2: Is there a way to disable sprite layers in Fusion? (that genesis emulator that runs a lot of the Sega titles, if you didn't know.)
1:Kawaks(it also disable layers)

2:I don't know but Gens has it(Dazz even made a version that replace the black background by a pink one but you have to ask him to give it to you)
1- Your best choice around is Kawaks, but there's also NeoMAME and KBMAME if you're into using the MAME emulator

2 - Megasis also removes layers and it's saves are compatible with Gens and many other formats, but Gens (specially Dazz's) are the best. I have to use Megasis in some computer because Gens conflicts with some video cards and I have no clue on how to solve it
Pages: 1 2