Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
LankyKong (DKC)
Wow for once I feel like I can't provide good crit - but like, the DKC ingame sprites are pre-rendered, so it's next-to-near impossible to recreate that look unless you made the model in like MilkDrop or something and then downsampled it by a lot. The bad news is that this sprite is pretty close, but doesn't really fit the style of the game, either ('A`) the main reason is that it's just too...clean, and good-looking.
it might also have to do with the fact that the perspective is off (3/4 view, as opposed to like...in-between side-profile and 3/4 view. enough to indicate the intricacies of each character) as are the lightsources and palette (not to mention that Lanky's looking straight at the camera; whereas the monkeys of DKC games typically look straight-forward)
he's also kinda HUGE compared to the other characters. like i get he's a big ol' lanky orangutang but he looks like he's even bigger than DK there.

edit: whoops. you said "I thought I was close but I'm not sure what I could fix" - now i feel sorta like an asshole given the way i phrased my post, whoops

the good news though is that by itself, the sprite itself looks incredible!! nice work o/ I could imagine this in like a GBA game like DK King of Swing as part of the ingame menus
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: Ton, Hiynastrike, VortexGamer

Messages In This Thread
LankyKong (DKC) - by VortexGamer - 09-24-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: LankyKong (DKC) - by Kosheh - 09-24-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: LankyKong (DKC) - by VortexGamer - 09-24-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: LankyKong (DKC) - by Gors - 09-24-2016, 10:48 AM
RE: LankyKong (DKC) - by Filler - 09-24-2016, 01:06 PM
RE: LankyKong (DKC) - by VortexGamer - 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM