Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
One of my least favorite topics...
wow, that's not a rant at all
but ummmm, I'm the IT tech of two businesses and a household and I Love This Shit,
so unless you've got ransomware locking your drive down, here's Some Lil Pointers

- they do make boot-time anti-virus scanners. if you're feeling especially daring, grab your Linux distro live media (I know you have one) and boot into the disc. Bumble around the Internet until you find like Kaspersky's boot-time antivirus live-CD/USB image and copy that to your media of choice (it's usually included on the liveCD) - or optionally take this time to grab your files off the HDD (hint: viruses go for system files, not your resume and drawings)

- boot into safe mode once that's done, Run All The Things (Malwarebytes, HijackThis, etc. etc.) and weed out all the shit you need to.
- run ComboFix to fix all those wrecked parts of your OS (this is kind of a last-resort, but you sound like you're...there)

- reboot and fix up anything else that might've happened

- keep your calm while talking to your father about computery things. you might wanna suggest local computer-literacy classes at your library or community college

- please don't kill your dad
- pretty please
- he's an OK guy

- oh yeah if you didn't already back up EVERYONE's files and reinstall Windows (but don't forget to log all your activation keys for like, your OS, your premium programs, etc. etc.)
it sounds like you've got a bunch of Garbage going on in your registry and maybe you wanna address that by just NUKIN' EM
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my least favorite topics... - by Kosheh - 09-07-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: One of my least favorite topics... - by Gors - 09-07-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: One of my least favorite topics... - by Gors - 09-08-2015, 07:18 AM