Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
.data file (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse)
That one took a while. This format is pretty complex! Thanks to Ploaj for pointing out how source image coordinates are stored.

You can download the program(s) here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3181...SFHDEx.zip

Firstly, there's a scooby_looney.bms BMS script (which I found over at xentax) that can be used to extract the .data file. Inside that is a bunch of .vol files, which can be extracted with the included volEx.exe. Once that's done, you'll have a bunch of different files. The .anim files you can extract with animEx.exe, I'll work on the .image format a little later. Most of the sprites and stuff of note seem to be in the .anim files, though.

A few anim files crash the program, I'll take a look at those later also.

(animEx extracts everything into subfolders, so extracting Bomb.anim gives you output/Bomb/[animation names] subfolders. These subfolders can be dragged into my Sprite Sheeter program for fast sheeting. Yay workflow!)

I'll be uploading Mighty Switch Force! HD sheets over the next few days; there's a few Shantae sheets missing (like bosses and NPCs) that I'll likely be making/uploading soon also.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: .data file (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse) - by Daxar - 08-29-2015, 07:53 PM