Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
.data file (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse)
I'm currently working on the .data file format (from both Shantae and Mighty Switch Force HD). Suffice it to say it's complicated, hence no real results after a few days of hacking on it.

Inside the (compressed) .data file is a bunch of (uncompressed) .vol files; I found a BMS script for extracting those; fairly simple.
Inside the .vol files are a bunch of other files; some of them are .anim files that contain animation data for each sprite, there's a few other formats as well.
Inside the .anim files are a few images, in a completely wonderful format:

[Image: Bomb_11.png]

It looks similar to the image piecing and splicing used in other WayForward titles; it's not. Those formats were positively sane in comparison. Sad

I haven't had a TON of time to work on this yet, this was after a couple days, and I was trying to crack the rest of the .anim format before announcing I was working on it. Particularly since I'm crazy busy with school and work right now; not a lot of free time for ripping.

I can give (C++) source code for what I have so far if anyone is interested; I was just working on it and didn't have anything to release yet.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: .data file (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse) - by Daxar - 07-22-2015, 08:29 PM