Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Poll: Which One Do You Like?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ninja 1
50.00%
3 50.00%
Ninja 2
16.67%
1 16.67%
Neither (PffT)
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Some new sprites I'm working on...
Aiming for style before the basic design principles of ANY art is a surefire way to limit your own growth as an artist. In no way does the "it's my style" argument hold any weight. I don't want to come across as rude, but it's rather arrogant to dismiss critique and brush it off with what essentially sounds like "oh, I don't want to learn anything because I don't need to"

The best kind advice that I've ever heard regarding artistic endeavors is the following:

Learn the basics of your medium before making your own style, learn to draw what you see before drawing what you "know"; learn how to follow the rules before bending or breaking them.
In short: "We must learn to walk before we can run"

I see a spark of motivation to do good work here, let us help you by being a fresh set of eyes. A lot of the folks here know what they're talking about, trust me and trust them. While it's nice to have people compliment your work, the ones who give honest criticism are the most valuable because they're the ones that really drive you to improve and be better. I hope that my words help and that you're at least willing to try some stuff out, because who knows? maybe you'll try something new and realize "hey, I actually like this a lot better!" That first step is usually the hardest to take, but it's always worth it.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: Vipershark

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some new sprites I'm working on... - by Sketchasaurus - 10-22-2014, 02:06 AM
RE: Some new sprites I'm working on... - by Pik - 11-08-2014, 11:12 AM