Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Poll: Which One Do You Like?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ninja 1
50.00%
3 50.00%
Ninja 2
16.67%
1 16.67%
Neither (PffT)
33.33%
2 33.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Some new sprites I'm working on...
The thing that you need to keep in mind about NES games is that in most cases, any 8x8 pixel region on sprites has a limit of 3 colors + transparency. additionally, there's a set color palette that the console is capable of utilizing; and there's also a limit to how many colors, and sprites for that matter, that can be displayed onscreen at a time.

As for a top-down perspective, I wouldn't use Megaman sprites as a reference (and really, using Megaman as a ref for NES sprites is a common mistake since there are handfuls of programming tricks that that series uses to do what they do) It would be a better exercise for you to try using 3 colors max when aiming for an NES aesthetic, not only for accuracy, but also to learn how to make more recognizable sprites that are readable at their normal size.

The dark blue you are using bleeds into the black, so any detail that is put there is totally lost.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by: eureka, Dragon_Throne

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some new sprites I'm working on... - by Sketchasaurus - 10-17-2014, 06:16 PM
RE: Some new sprites I'm working on... - by Pik - 11-08-2014, 11:12 AM