Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Am I the only one who thinks... (Zelda related)
Y'know, I honestly never even thought about it until now. Although I had played Zelda and Zelda II as a kid, and had even tried LTTP a bit, it wasn't until OoT that I got INTO Zelda (Same thing happened for me with Metroid, where Metroid Prime got me into the previous games). I remember being one of those "disappointed fans" when Wind Waker was initially announced, but my opinion changed rather quickly once the game was released and my sister's boyfriend bought it.

But once I got into Zelda, every game gave me a sort of giddy feeling. It's a feeling I've come to associate as my "this game rocks!!!!" feeling. When I finally was able to play Zelda I and Zelda II, and beat them WITHOUT Game Genie (Sad thing is, that was only after I got the games on the Virtual Console. I just seemed to suck at them when it came to emulators), I had that feeling. When I played LTTP and LA, I had it. OoT? MM? The Oracles? It was there! Wind Waker too! Hell, even PHG was cool to me! But TP? Something felt different. Sure, it was a fantastic game, very beautiful, and it had that epic story going but... thinking back now, I felt like it lacked something. It kinda reminded me of how I feel about remakes: I get that "this is awesome" feeling, but it's not as profound as the original. That and I hated how more spiderish the skulltulas had gotten.

But is it because my expectations were high? Not at all. What I expected and what I got were on different levels with TP. I thought the game would be devalued by the wolf aspect of it, and I ate my words for that. So... I don't know. It's very strange...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Am I the only one who thinks... (Zelda related) - by Skye McCloud - 05-08-2009, 10:04 PM