Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
One of my least favorite topics...
(09-07-2015, 09:48 AM)Kosheh Wrote: wow, that's not a rant at all
but ummmm, I'm the IT tech of two businesses and a household and I Love This Shit,
so unless you've got ransomware locking your drive down, here's Some Lil Pointers

- they do make boot-time anti-virus scanners. if you're feeling especially daring, grab your Linux distro live media (I know you have one) and boot into the disc. Bumble around the Internet until you find like Kaspersky's boot-time antivirus live-CD/USB image and copy that to your media of choice (it's usually included on the liveCD) - or optionally take this time to grab your files off the HDD (hint: viruses go for system files, not your resume and drawings)

- boot into safe mode once that's done, Run All The Things (Malwarebytes, HijackThis, etc. etc.) and weed out all the shit you need to.
- run ComboFix to fix all those wrecked parts of your OS (this is kind of a last-resort, but you sound like you're...there)

- reboot and fix up anything else that might've happened

- keep your calm while talking to your father about computery things. you might wanna suggest local computer-literacy classes at your library or community college

- please don't kill your dad
- pretty please
- he's an OK guy

- oh yeah if you didn't already back up EVERYONE's files and reinstall Windows (but don't forget to log all your activation keys for like, your OS, your premium programs, etc. etc.)
it sounds like you've got a bunch of Garbage going on in your registry and maybe you wanna address that by just NUKIN' EM

i have no desire to be a sysadmin, so...

this computer has enough problems...
it's not even a pure windows xp install, it has some company crap permanently integrated...

i'm done...
as for malwarebytes, it's good...but uses an insane amount of resources.
in present condition, this pc WOULD crash if i started it...

this thing barely reboots at a reasonable speed...
it freezes during THAT, even...

nope... he's computer literate... enough. he's just reckless... and i don't WANT him to know every damn thing... that's recipe for other disasters...

the threat of the law, which in this case, promotes injustice... is why i won't
meh...
haha...not really.... even if you did know him personally, that which i doubt, that matters not... the mask comes-off at home... i'm not going to sugar-coat this... he's selfish, defeatist, lazy, etc...

(09-07-2015, 02:16 PM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Oh... uhm... bummer to hear about all that.

Hope things get better, and thank you for your interest and help in my SU thread!

yep...

so do i...
gonna try setting up that router, though already been delayed... my mom came-out after checking emails and facebook just to tell him "oh, you have some emails that need to be checked" ... in her position, i'd leave him on his own. something gets missed, oh well...
assuming that works, need to fully set-up that laptop my friend gave me... i feel that's gonna be rough... windows vista, and the thing gets hot as fuck! so, lotsa GUI settings to change for conserving resources, and updates to add, or crashes to try and fix... besides having to disable a ton of "security" features...if that wasn't done by previous owners

and yeah, you're welcome...
i was considering to request a rip of it, then i saw your thread while waiting to be picked-up to watch some movies
any luck with my last pieces of advice/information?
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: One of my least favorite topics... - by DarkGrievous7145 - 09-07-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: One of my least favorite topics... - by Gors - 09-07-2015, 03:08 PM
RE: One of my least favorite topics... - by Gors - 09-08-2015, 07:18 AM