Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
if anyone's (good at programming) up to doing a big favor for many of us
Well, GIMP uses Python for its plugins (or most of them anyway). I don't know any Python so I would have to learn a whole new language, which I don't think would be easier. And GIMP might be a bit much to download and install if you're not going to use half of its features. Lexou also said to me that he would want an adjustable canvas by dragging a corner (like in MS Paint), which GIMP doesn't do, and I don't think it can be achieved with a plugin.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, it hadn't crossed my mind before and I might have given it a shot if I knew Python. But if it's my own program I can really modify anything I want to be exactly as it's needed, without any restrictions that GIMP might have. Not to mention, making such a program from the ground up is sure to be good experience for me (and probably fun too).
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Lexou Duck, messytyagi

Messages In This Thread
RE: if anyone's (good at programming) up to doing a big favor for many of us - by puggsoy - 02-13-2014, 10:34 PM