Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites
Can I just mention that the moment that "don't make sprite edits" chart shows up, it becomes pretty darn clear that one side has pretty much stopped caring about actually trying to help because the original poster has adamantly rejected the previous help they had given. And this means one of two things are going to happen, one side with cave or one side with quit either by thier own will or by force. Here's a hint, the side posting the chart wins almost all of the time. Regardless of how idiotic that chart is, since it only shows up after advice was ignored after a few repeats..

A reshade will almost never be accepted as a submission at TSR. Mainly due to the fact that how "long a sprite takes" is based on TSR standards rather than the actual time taken. Most of the notable people here could squeeze out a scratch sheet of respectible quality in a few hours. Thus this is a "15 minute" job. Its a measure of how much skill it would take to actually make this rather than how long it actually took.
The custom section is for project that the according to TSR standards, would be beyond what they think most of those who would use such a thing should be able to handle themselves. In the case of reshades, TSR believes everyone should be able to handle it themselves. Since heavy edits are in the same boat, and I believe there are rare exceptions for useful ones and possibly the ones of the highest quality, I'd assume an amazingly talented reshade (Say warioland to Donkey kong country (I don't care if its prendered, it still can be mimiced, and would require many extra expanded frames to truly work.). Unfortunately, Wario land 2-3 to SMB3 isn't there.

Back to the sprite itself. I think there's still issues with the shading in wario's pants. I think the light would form more with Wario's legs than it currently does. I also think due to the way Wario's legs are, he wouldn't show that line on his rear during climbing, even if Mario does. Wario's stance has his legs farther apart than Mario after all.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Mag - 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Terminal Devastation - 08-08-2011, 02:22 PM