Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Flames of Valor
Hello everyone, like I said in my original welcome thread, I'm looking for people who would be interested in aiding me and 7 of my friends in developing an Indie RPG that we plan to release for the PC and hopefully XBLA

About our Project:

To be blunt, this started one night after my classes for college ended and found out that I had nothing to do for the summer, so i decided to use RMVX and start working on a game from a basic plot i had in my head.

I decided that i wanted it to be a little less linear and soapboxy (for lack of a better word) than the basic RMVX user could make, so i recruited a few of my friends to aid me i got an artist, a music composer, a programmer (for RMVX's on board script editor) and a 2nd developer. so things began to move along nicely and it seemed that my simple plot was gonna be made into reality.

However i only wanted to do it out of fun but my best friend 9who was also a programmer) told me about XNA studios and said it wouldn't be too hard to create an rpg using that and eventually make a profit. so because of our transfer we encountered 2 issues.

- We needed to compose our own music instead of editing and remixing music from other games, which we fixed.
- We needed to make our own sprites which is why I'm here, asking for help.

About the Game Itself:

The basic Premise of the Story is it's about a 17 year old Orphan Boy who lives in the Kingdom of Solace, who by chance discovers he has a strange power, similar to magic. However due to the Country's law, those without a permit to use Magic, are arrested. Kenneth, being given a chance to obtain a pardon, is sent out on a scouting mission with a Mage to a nearby country, where he uncovers a plot over 1600 years in the making.

(if you guys want more detail, I can give it, i just didn't want to post the entire plot in here : /)

We are about 50% done with the plot, and we're gonna begin with character design this Sunday. we have a cast of heroes and classes done, and working on race lore

What I need:

i need pretty much everything in terms of Sprite art. Landscapes, People, Magic effects, items, ect. I realize it's a large order but any help would be appreciated.

What I can Give:

I don't have much but since this is a for profit project, the spriters i hire will have the potential to make money.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot promise that you'll receive a substantial amount of money, if any,

If I also gain aid from this website, I will make sure that not only the artist that help me are credited, but the site itself.

please note that even if i don't get help right away, i will understand. But i will continue to post updates here often.

Most of our work is on a facebook group, so if one would like in on this project, I would recommend either adding me as a friend, or creating a mock profile.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Flames of Valor - by Kennori - 06-23-2011, 08:23 PM
RE: Flames of Valor - by GrooveMan.exe - 06-24-2011, 05:20 AM
RE: Flames of Valor - by Kennori - 06-24-2011, 12:06 PM
RE: Flames of Valor - by Kriven - 06-24-2011, 02:21 PM
RE: Flames of Valor - by Kennori - 06-24-2011, 02:35 PM