The VG Resource

Full Version: Flames of Valor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, like I said in my original welcome thread, I'm looking for people who would be interested in aiding me and 7 of my friends in developing an Indie RPG that we plan to release for the PC and hopefully XBLA

About our Project:

To be blunt, this started one night after my classes for college ended and found out that I had nothing to do for the summer, so i decided to use RMVX and start working on a game from a basic plot i had in my head.

I decided that i wanted it to be a little less linear and soapboxy (for lack of a better word) than the basic RMVX user could make, so i recruited a few of my friends to aid me i got an artist, a music composer, a programmer (for RMVX's on board script editor) and a 2nd developer. so things began to move along nicely and it seemed that my simple plot was gonna be made into reality.

However i only wanted to do it out of fun but my best friend 9who was also a programmer) told me about XNA studios and said it wouldn't be too hard to create an rpg using that and eventually make a profit. so because of our transfer we encountered 2 issues.

- We needed to compose our own music instead of editing and remixing music from other games, which we fixed.
- We needed to make our own sprites which is why I'm here, asking for help.

About the Game Itself:

The basic Premise of the Story is it's about a 17 year old Orphan Boy who lives in the Kingdom of Solace, who by chance discovers he has a strange power, similar to magic. However due to the Country's law, those without a permit to use Magic, are arrested. Kenneth, being given a chance to obtain a pardon, is sent out on a scouting mission with a Mage to a nearby country, where he uncovers a plot over 1600 years in the making.

(if you guys want more detail, I can give it, i just didn't want to post the entire plot in here : /)

We are about 50% done with the plot, and we're gonna begin with character design this Sunday. we have a cast of heroes and classes done, and working on race lore

What I need:

i need pretty much everything in terms of Sprite art. Landscapes, People, Magic effects, items, ect. I realize it's a large order but any help would be appreciated.

What I can Give:

I don't have much but since this is a for profit project, the spriters i hire will have the potential to make money.

PLEASE NOTE: I cannot promise that you'll receive a substantial amount of money, if any,

If I also gain aid from this website, I will make sure that not only the artist that help me are credited, but the site itself.

please note that even if i don't get help right away, i will understand. But i will continue to post updates here often.

Most of our work is on a facebook group, so if one would like in on this project, I would recommend either adding me as a friend, or creating a mock profile.
I'd like to see a little more demonstration of game resources before I call this an appropriate thread. Give me some detailed story, characters, graphics; anything.

Or I lock this thread and maybe warn you for requesting.
I realize that you guys might get a lot of people coming in here requesting from you guys, so i hope that this is enough to show you that my group and i mean business, and if it's not i'll do my best to show you. i have about 7 more "Chapters" worth of work here. Character design is going to happen this Sunday so that's why I'm hunting for capable sprite artist now. As for graphics, kinda why I'm here haha.

History

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Current cast of Heros:

Your characters need personal histories or they're going to suck and feel more forced than Sonic Chronicles.
Yeah i was thinking that, I wanted to get done with the 50% point of the game (which i'm about to reach) before i worried about that. As soon as the other writer gets online i'll begin work on that.