Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Spheroid
If you know what it is, that's just as good! Anyways, if you have any control over how animations are applied to the character, you should have enough control to fix the "skate running". The gist of my above post is to extract out a *bone animation result (the delta translation, rotation or scale) for some unique bone, and apply that to your #character's transform (position, rotation ,and or scale). Oh yea, don't apply the unique bone's transform keyframe at all to the actual animation since your already using it. So for example, when you animate translation, you animate the unique bone as the "movement" bone.

*Oh yea, the unique bone should be a bone that moves the entire character's body (something similar to the root bone).

#This should be the in-game character's transform. It shouldn't be the mesh,or model. Hmm, I have very little experience with GM. But I know every object has an "x","y" property. These are the "type" of properties that should be affected.

When you animate something like a run cycle, you animate it "for real". The character actually runs without "foot skating" in the animation. The bone you use to actually move, again, is some unique bone that you have chosen.

Some pros besides fixing the skating issue is that now you have alot more control over the movement and feel of a character. The speed at which your character runs depends on the speed at which you animated him running. If you decide to also use and extract the rotation, then you can do things like spinning or turning (I couldn't think of anything else, these aren't the best examples) in-game through the animation.

If there's anything you need, just ask.

-----

When you animate something like a run or walk loop, you should animate the movement last. That way, you can make sure the animation loops properly.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Spheroid - by FromSoySauce - 08-27-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Spheroid - by TheShyGuy - 08-27-2013, 12:43 PM
RE: Spheroid - by FromSoySauce - 08-27-2013, 01:56 PM
RE: Spheroid - by TheShyGuy - 08-28-2013, 01:00 AM
RE: Spheroid - by FromSoySauce - 08-28-2013, 01:38 AM
RE: Spheroid - by TheShyGuy - 08-28-2013, 01:48 AM
RE: Spheroid - by FromSoySauce - 08-28-2013, 10:07 AM
RE: Spheroid - by TheShyGuy - 08-28-2013, 10:30 AM
RE: Spheroid - by FromSoySauce - 09-21-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: Spheroid - by FromSoySauce - 10-12-2013, 04:51 AM