Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How Can I Display a Downloaded Model with Texture in Blender?
I really don't see how this is so hard. This is pretty basic Blender stuff.

I just imported it myself, and the SMD doesn't import the texture files automatically, but everything is split into materials as it should be. All you do is import the file, select it. Then make two split windows (Right click and split or click on the little triangle in the upper right and drag to make another window.) Set this one to UV Editor. Then back on the far right side, with the object selected, go to the materials tab. Tab into edit mode, and with one of the materials selected, press the "Select" button under the window list. (There will only be two materials: mario_tex.png and c00_eye00.png) Then when you have it selected, in the UV editor window, you'll see the UVs. Then just press open (In the UV Editor window) and go into the images folder and "open" the corresponding png file. That'll display it in the Texture View in the viewport. To view it when rendering the model, you have to do as I told you before.
I post stuff randomly. I hope you people like what gets posted.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Can I Display a Downloaded Model with Texture in Blender? - by ItsEasyActually - 08-24-2013, 08:01 PM