Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
So I've been trying to get the player sprites for a while now. Obviously they were there for the taking but the whole organisation was a mission, I had to make a million changes to my program. One of the worst parts is that it was missing a frame of animation (the XML didn't specify a fourth frame for one of the animations, which meant either it missed it out or just skipped a number and the fifth is actually the fourth). Because of this I now have to let it go if it's missing a frame, which isn't that bad, but it makes it harder to root out future problems (like if the XML parses a frame incorrectly). Although hopefully I shouldn't come across many more of those.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was that this sheet (PlayerBase) includes both player animations and effects (dust, explosions, etc), some of which may or may not be specific to the player. So I wanted to know if you'd prefer that I include the effects along with the player animations, or if I should just separate them as a different sheet.

I think the latter is better, but either way it'd be hard to organise the effects, since there are also effect sprites in other sheets. I don't think it'd be easy to organise these, I mean it's not easy to see if an effect is only rendered for the player, or for an enemy, or for multiple enemies, or for the player and an enemy, or for the world and an enemy, or whatever.

So yeah. If you want me to just submit the player sprites without the effects I can do that, I'll just leave the effects for a later time.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 09-01-2012, 08:39 AM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM