Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Sprites
Woot.

Last night I finally got it working with enemies made out of multiple sheets. Now almost everything is stored in arrays, and due to that there are all those for loops... oh my god the for loops. In the process however I discovered a chunk of code that was essentially useless, so that's cleaned it up a bit Nerd
Also, while testing this with the Scumbag sheets today, which as you know are massive, the program crashed due to the PC running out of memory. Apparently the problem was that the resulting sheet was too much for the PNG encoder I used, so after looking around I found a much, much better one. Not only can it encode asynchronously (which I had been looking for before), but when you do so it encodes in chunks, which allows for enormous images. It also has some other cool stuff, but seriously asynchronous encoding is awesome.

Anyway, now I'll get to work on putting each animation on a single line. Then you can tell me which you'd prefer.

EDIT: OK, so... I've done it, a small change in code was all that was needed. But seriously, the resulting image for Rattletail sheet is 84,480 x 1231, you can't tell me that's fine. As I said I can't separate the directions, so ALL of the walking animations are on one line. I even uploaded it so you guys can see what I mean, but for some reason minus converts it to a BIN file so you have to download it. Here's the file.
What's more is the fact that when I try to do this with the Lunkhead sheet, it didn't even work: I get the same error that I got with the old PNG encoder. So this isn't really an option any more, unfortunately.

I have however been thinking about the sizes of the bigger sheets, that are originally from multiple ones. If you want I can try splitting them up, but it would have to be either by animations (i.e. one sheet has these, the other has those), or by number of frames (which would split the sheets evenly, but it would interrupt animations).
Or I can just have it all in one sheet, if that isn't too big.
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by: Previous, Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 05-02-2012, 03:02 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:45 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 06-27-2012, 06:47 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by puggsoy - 08-20-2012, 10:01 AM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 11-04-2012, 09:57 PM
RE: puggsoy's Bottomless Top Hat Of Rips - by Ton - 12-29-2012, 04:01 PM