Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SimCopter Textures Help?
(07-25-2012, 12:47 AM)Previous Wrote: I don't think it really is compressed. I was able to view some things with TiledGGD (8bpp, linear, 256px width), but I wasn't able to find anything resembling a palette besides some weird gradients. Palettes might be in another file?

The thing with file extensions is that they don't mean nothing. Linux users know this, Windows is still pretending they have some sort of meaning. However, file extensions are mere eyecandy and make it easier for users to see what their files are probably supposed to be. In this case, BMP really just means "bitmap" and doesn't necessarily need to refer to the Windows BitMap format.
I got the feeling they sort of "archived" a few graphic chunks there they then ould just have to copy to graphics hardware memory or something.

I can't help more than that, though. Maybe you can find some palette stuff among the other files?

Awesome, I tried out what you suggested about using TiledGGD and this is what came out.

[Image: SIM3D.BMP.png?dl=1]
Here are the settings I used in TiledGGVery Sad
-Offset: 0x74
-Panel Size: 256x2560 (to make sure I got everything)
-Format: 8bpp
-Endianness: Big End
-Mode: Linear

With that I believe riddle to these unusual pics has been solved. All that is left is to get the pics sorted and ready for upload. Thanks! Smile
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
SimCopter Textures Help? - by Nero1024 - 07-19-2012, 04:00 AM
RE: SimCopter Textures Help? - by Devicho - 07-24-2012, 03:21 PM
RE: SimCopter Textures Help? - by Nero1024 - 07-24-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: SimCopter Textures Help? - by Previous - 07-25-2012, 12:47 AM
RE: SimCopter Textures Help? - by Nero1024 - 07-25-2012, 07:35 AM