Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
C+C request, sprite sheet of my persona.
pssst pssst

i made a thing for you

[Image: Ttpi2.png]

this is what i did/suggest:
-if your character has huge floppy scarf things, why not make them a bigger part of your character? Maybe he lost his arms in some freak accident/magical ceremony and so he uses a mystical scarf as his appendages? More interesting than just a dude with a big scarf. if he's an assist, maybe he could spin across the stage like a tornado and send everyone flying or something, i dunno. energy blasts are cool too i guess if you add arms back in.

my purpose for getting ride of the arms is that...when crafting a character, you want them to come across as very readable. from the clothes they wear to what weapons they have on, you want to make what sort of character they are recognizable from the get-go. is he a big, brute, tank character? sly, quick hit-and-run ninja? gunman? accentuate and exaggerate certain characteristics to make what they then do believable.

-added a wierd decoration/chain/armor thingie on the chest. cuz armor is cool and you needed something to perk up the character's look instead of just a jumpsuit.

-changed some colors around. make your colors more interesting; greys and blacks are boring. I exchanged a dark blue for it instead (looking at it again i guess you can't really see the difference, but my point stands). i'm not saying you should avoid using black whenever wherever, but using other colors will make the look as a whole more interesting.

-made the pose a little more dynamic and the expression a bit more threatening.

-changed the hair to be a little more dynamic, but it was rushed.

(note: i'm not the supreme authority on what is right or not for these things, this is just my interpretation on the character and how i'd approach something like this. it's your character, after all. keep it up, maybe even do something else for a change of pace/as practice to get better. hope my quick drawing helped a little on how to approach character design/pixelling. also, follow what everyone else said. they say good things.)
[Image: carlaazarsignature-1.png]
you're dressed up
look what you've said
but left your insides at home

Messages In This Thread
RE: C+C request, sprite sheet of my persona. - by Strasteo - 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM