Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites
(07-29-2011, 02:01 PM)Iceman404 Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 09:25 AM)CouchTomato Wrote: [Image: MarioAndWario.png]

Hilariously, none of them match. Stop kidding yourself and just make a custom Wario sprite that fits the style instead of recoloring another one that looks totally different. If you want a real SMB3 styled Wario, take a look at this.
http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&...1&id=18253
(07-27-2011, 05:35 PM)CouchTomato Wrote: I probably should've mentioned that I literally squeezed this in on a whim before packing to go to med school. So that's why I worked on that because I just had enough time to.
Why not submit your sprites for C+C when your ready instead of posting a 15 minute recolor rush-job?

And I don't see how someone telling you that re-shades aren't worth the topic = an angsty 15-year old drunk with internet anonymity. Really?

It's actually a reshade, not just a recolor. If it was a recolor, then yes, it would've taken 15 minutes. But since I had to shade as well, it took me a good few hours. Also, no offense to the person who made that sprite sheet, but that Wario is pretty ugly. I never came here saying "OMG NEW WARIO SPRITE SHEET." I just said it's a re-color (although I should've said re-shade), so I don't get why you're trying to make it something that it isn't. You don't start bashing an amateur artist for trying some painting for a minor commission and asking for advice -- only to follow up with "Lol go try painting Renaissance. Stop wasting your time."

"Hillariously, none of them match"? Hillariously, you probably need to get your eyes checked. I did mention that my goal was to use classic sprites to fit in with fan games using SMB3 sprites. So of the possible choices, it's not hard to see that the Wario Land 2/3 sprites match the best since they actually have the same perspective and similar levels of detail.

Finally, regarding "And I don't see how someone telling you that re-shades aren't worth the topic = an angsty 15-year old drunk with internet anonymity. Really?" Really? You TOTALLY missed the point. He could've been and probably is completely right about it not being worth the topic here. My point was that he was completely tactless about it. You don't bash someone new to the place and start criticizing their motivations and all... starting with the very first line "sorry to break your bubble, but this is pretty much nothing." Yours wasn't much better either. Chris' post was much better and polite, while essentially saying the same message as CO2 and adding some advice.

Anyways, I did re-shade it some more and used the SMAS palette based on Chris' sprite. I did not stay completely with the SMAS palette and style, only because fan games tend to alter the original sprites as well to make them a little more updated (hence why the MKF Mario has white gloves).

[Image: WarioSpriteSheetSMAS.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Mag - 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by CouchTomato - 08-07-2011, 06:12 PM