Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites
I don't understand why you chose to use WL4 colours and SMB:AS style shading. All Stars had horrible shading and colours next to Wario Land 4. I seriously suggest you don't take All Stars has an example.
I made a comparison and noticed you only used a select few from the WL4 palette. You didn't follow All Stars's style closely, if that was your intention. The colours from WL4 are either too bright, too contrasted or too saturated.
For now it lies between WL4 and All Stars.
I've made two edits of the original WL3 Wario, one in All Stars style and one in WL4 style.
[Image: A0Z8T.png]
The first step I took for the AS sprite was to take the colours from other AS sprites; I then shaded my edited sprite in a similar way to the AS Mario.
I did the same thing for the WL4 sprite, except I took a few liberties to make the likeness better.

And I have to agree with CO2 on this one, you could do more interesting things: you could make one of your own characters or existing characters from scratch into a style, for example. And after that, you could go on into doing something completely original!
In the meantime, I suggest you look for sprite styles that are interesting look at, then try and analyze and after that apply what's being done in a bit more detail.

Good luck!
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Mag - 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 07-27-2011, 03:16 PM