Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites
(07-27-2011, 09:25 AM)CouchTomato Wrote:
(07-27-2011, 01:28 AM)CO2 Wrote: sorry to break your bubble, but this is pretty much nothing. ignoring the small attemp of shading you did on them is really bland, the question "why would you need, as a valid resource, to recolor gameboy sprites when you already have game boy advance sprites wich are not only more detailed, but are as well shaded properly" rises on top of this.

is this just because felt like pretending you were doing something profitable? do you really consider you should be awarded with some merit for those? i can tell you that you'd barely get any merit for this from anyone worth its time, considering that it can be done by any monkey with 10 minutes of free time.

Wow, can you be any more tactless?

To answer your first question: Style. Most fan games use either an SNES SMB3-based or SMW-based Mario sprite. Some games like Mushroom Kingdom Fusion put them together in one game. Now put the Wario Land 4 sprite next to that and tell me does that look like they match?

[Image: MarioAndWario.png]

Not only that, but the WL3 sprites would be generally easier to skin into custom suits than the WL4 sprites. Finally, Wario Land 2 and 3 arguably represent the peak of Wario Land games, and are hence the classic form of Wario, akin to SMB3 and SMW Mario.

Second, next time someone asks for advice, don't stick yourself on a throne and start belittling other people's efforts... otherwise you come off as a dick. Now if I came off saying "this is the greatest work ever, and you should all be thanking me for this!" then by all means. What may be a trivial task to you is a more serious effort to someone else; this is only my second spriting job ever. I even had to check your age out of curiosity because I thought you were an angsty 15-year old drunk with internet anonymity and didn't want to have to stoop to your level.

Third, check out your rule #1 in "Read before you post."

I think you missed his point in the hostility (although that seemed tame for around here.) His hostility, not yours.

He was trying to encourage you to go and make sprites that are even better. The goal of these is to provide proper Super mario world style Wario, correct? Then why not go the extra mile and actually made a Super Mario World Wario. It can even be heavily influenced by the Wario land 2-3 sprites.

Regardless, you did ask for help with these, so help you shall get. The biggest issue I see with these is that they come across as nearly flat. This is probably due to a combination of the colors used requiring more contrast than they currently have, and the shading not quite emphasizing the shapes. The pants are especially in need of work. At first glance I thought they were lit from below. I think the real issue is the face is shaded as if light was coming from more or less above, while the the rest of Wario is shaded as if light was right in front of him. I think if you throw a longer highlight to the right of the ear and arm it will go a long ways to fix this. I'd also recommend adding some shading to his gloves.

Finally, don't respond to harshness with sarcasm or more harshness around here. The locals are more inclined to rip you to shreds if you do.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Terminal Devastation - 07-27-2011, 10:34 AM
RE: Colored Wario Land 3 Wario sprites - by Mag - 07-27-2011, 10:08 AM