Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT]
[Image: GameCreation1.jpg]

I'm completely scrapping everything here in favor or a more streamlined system and playfield as well as a richer story in a richer more fantasy (think story book fantasy) world. It's still going to be a mech war game, but with a different flavor and not as much emphasis on creating a mech with parts.

The new core mechanic is you choose 3 "commanders" which don't necessarily have to be commanders, they are just major/important personalities within the story. Each Commander card has a set of cards printed on it labeled as "starting cards". These are the cards that you pre draw form your deck to be in your hand, creating a new level of strategy opposed to the randomness of a starting hand and needing to "mulligan". Along with the starting cards, each player shuffles there deck and then draws 2 cards to create their starting hand.

Out of the 3 commanders you have, you must place them in the order you wish to use one. Once one commander has been killed/assassinated/destroyed/whatever, you switch to the one under it. The first person to lose all 3 of their commanders loses and the opposite player wins. All commander cards have a health stat as well as one or more passive or active abilities. (It should be noted that only the starter cards printed on your FIRST commander matter, so choosing your starting commander is another thing you should think hard about to ensure the cards you want are in your hand).

The resource system is sadly almost exactly like the WoW TCGs, although I found this out AFTER I made it, granted I did kind of jack the idea form what I though Duel Masters used (though I doubt it's actually the case considering I have no idea how Duel Masters is played). Anyway, during your main phase on your turn, you may place any number of cards form your hand face down in a resource pile. These cards are your resources, and to play cards, you must discard cards form your resource pile equal to the cost of the card.

Other than these two core changes, the game stays mostly the same. You are allowed 5 support units (or just "units" now) and there are tactics cards and pilot cards. Upgrade cards have been merged into the tactics card category. Your support units protect your commanders, and without support units, your commander is open for a strike.

Mechs are now "unit" cards as opposed to being a customizable ultra-unit. I decided to make this change because I felt the first person to finish completing their mech had and obvious advantage over someone who had an unfinished army, making it easy to obliterate their support units and attack their base directly.
[Image: ZJO1oF0.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 12-27-2010, 09:12 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by Maxpphire - 12-27-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 01-20-2011, 11:36 PM