Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My honest thought on Smash Bros Project
"Kindly fuck off."

lol

Some minor editing to look at this again:

"None of us is being paid, so it's a distraction for us to do in our spare time"

You've already said it's a distraction. Distractions are never good - they prevent you from actually doing shit that people will appreciate. So what if you aren't being paid? The entire indie gaming community is not being paid, yet they manage to create great games which people care about, yet they still manage to pump out a shit tonne of games every year. (However, I'd like to note that a lot of them aren't very good.)

I didn't phrase myself as well as I could have, so I'll revisit something in my previous post. You've got someone who I assume is an amateur programmer. Some guy previously told me that the demo is the shit. It might be, but being something that you find to be a "distraction" for you to do in your spare time would suggest that it doesn't get as much effort as what you do during your non-spare time. The guy isn't a professional programmer and I've never heard of him before. There's still a chance he's a programming genius, but if he was, by now he would probably be making games better than 2D Smash Bros demakes. That's what I meant to say. I'm really surprised this is "nothing you haven't heard before" - your reaction doesn't suggest that. Smash Bros games have been done a million times and never do well simply because they aren't Smash bros. Why would I play an inferior Smash Bros "demake" when I could just play the real thing? As I've already said, this has been done a million times before. It's obvious you guys have put a lot of effort into this project, but the fact I've never heard of this Smash Brothers Project is another testament to the fact that it is pretty pointless. Even if you do finish it, who's going to play it?

Also, I didn't mean to upset you. I'm still impressed by how much work has gone into the project and some of the sprites are pretty great.
[Image: Arcade_Fuhrer-290x300.jpg]
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
My honest thought on Smash Bros Project - by Gors - 08-24-2010, 08:13 AM
RE: My honest thought on Smash Bros Project - by arün - 01-20-2011, 12:19 AM