Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT]
I honestly would see this as a print-out-and-play game before basically anything else. Even if it was just 2 decks with fixed contents. Let's start small and make sure the game works before doing anything huge.

As a personal suggestion; I got stuck on 2 things when I worked on this last:

-The finer mechanics of CORE construction. It's obvious that each CORE part has a resource cost - but how do the costs of these compare to other cards - support units especially. They're bound to be more expensive on average; but if they're too costly, it would be a bad strategy to focus on building the expensive multi-part powerhouse that doesn't protect you.
Furthermore, are there bonuses/penalties for building mechs with the different faction origins? It was suggested by a member on /tg/ that the Core Part should have icons that represent what parts would be the 'most compatible'. Trying to attach a part that doesn't have the same icon would be 'less compatible'; and cost more resource.

- Crafting the decklists for the 2 test decks. These need to be balanced in content and not have cards that do anything too complex. If you've ever played a CCG from the starter deck you get - you'll notice that the decks are calibrated to be really easy to use, and don't rely on some obscure or difficult-to-grasp combo. While it's fun to come up with cards that do zany effects; basic units with no special features are important too.

To mine some more info from my scraps on this project; I came up with this rough frame for a decklist (I based it a bit on the ratios in MegaMan NT Warrior deck, since it doesn't use energy cards like M:tG or Pokémon):

Decklist
CORE Parts - 16
2x Head A
2x Head B
4x Arm A
4x Arm B
3x Legs A
1x Legs B

Units - 18
Base Parts - 4
Pilots - 6
Upgrades - 10
Tactics - 6

I've not separated the non-CORe cards into individual numbers yet, but that seems like a good ratio. Could someone who's good with probability maths tell me how easy/hard it is to get a full CORE (that is - a head, 2 arms and legs) from this arrangement? You start with a hand of 7 random cards.

Edit: i want to hear more about this CCG you made - and the cards people came up with.
Specs 'n' Headphones has been revamped! Check it, yo.
[Image: 10y3mgj.png][Image: groove-1.gif]
Thanks to Pik and Solink; they are sexy people. Heart
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 12-27-2010, 09:12 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by Maxpphire - 12-27-2010, 10:20 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by GrooveMan.exe - 12-29-2010, 04:15 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
RE: MantiCORE -REVIVED- [CONCEPT] - by water dog - 01-20-2011, 11:36 PM