Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
I hate myself for saying this, but...
All right, you Opera-sires.

You've convinced me to at least /try/ using Opera as a main browser for a while.

The main problem is that Firefox has been acting up lately and having insane memory leaks on my system, to the point where it's using over 2GB of ram for firefox alone (not counting plugins, etc) and slowing everything down.

"But Vipershark you always have 200 tabs open"
no shut up this is not normal

under normal circumstances, my computer can more than handle over 200 tabs with an occasional memory leak here or there.
lately though, it's gotten so bad that my computer is annoying to use with firefox open at all, regardless of the amount of tabs.

It's even been slowing down other computers that I've used, and it's starting to annoy me. Maybe it's just an issue with the latest version; I don't know.

I'd totally switch to Google Chrome (or rather, SRWare Iron since it's better) right now if I could, but Chrome doesn't yet have all the plugin support and stuff that Firefox does.

So with that being said, that leaves Opera as my final choice. I tried it out for a while and it seems okay, but a lot of stuff is totally different and there's a lot to get used to.

Can you guys recommend any plugins that i should use, etc?
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
I hate myself for saying this, but... - by Vipershark - 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM