Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
My honest thought on Smash Bros Project
TSR, as a community and not a website, is incapable of finishing a community project as a community. Sorry, but it's true. Everybody here comes up with wonderful ideas, but few people will actually attempt to execute those ideas.

One person always ends up doing 90% of the work. If this is supposed to work out as a community project, the community has to work together to complete it, which is very unlikely. Look at TSRodius-- everybody that wanted to be in made a character, but Gors (and TomGuycott) is doing pretty much everything else except programming. And I can imagine that with Gors doing everything, he will eventually get tired of it and the project will die. Again. Nobody wants to start up a community project and then end up being the only one doing anything. Nobody. Otherwise they'd just start their own project and tell everybody else to screw off.

Everybody in this project is caught up with doing everybody at once, when it's been said for about a year that focus should only be on one or two characters at a time. Like right now, in this very topic.

Then, people will continue to not work on those one or two characters and instead talk about miscellaneous additions. Which are nice and all, but this won't go anywhere with just talking.

I spent a good few months indirectly directing this project, but I stopped chipping in once I noticed nobody was actually going to put in the effort necessary. And of course, jobs coming in, which makes me not really want to direct for a fangame/sprite project.

You guys need two people that want to see this project succeed, and take the steps to make it succeed so tSR can finally say "hey look, we finished something." Don't be afraid that you're gonna offend somebody by telling them what to do, or by telling them "don't do that, stop getting distracted with other miscellaneous bullcrap" or whatever. Because chances are, you're not. And if you are, then said person doesn't need to be working on the project.

If you want to see progress in this project, you need to make progress yourself, or start kicking some asses into shape. Asses can't kick themselves. When someone says to do something, do it. That's how progress is made, dudes.
Also, don't change the roster, don't change the items, don't change the ATs, don't change the stages, do not change a THING. Because that means you're gonna have to discuss for a month about what to keep and what to get rid of. Just go back to doing what yall were supposed to do-- work on the simple characters first.

This project doesn't have a deadline. Removing shit from a project with no deadline is pointless.

Messages In This Thread
My honest thought on Smash Bros Project - by Gors - 08-24-2010, 08:13 AM
RE: My honest thought on Smash Bros Project - by Alpha Six - 08-25-2010, 12:40 AM