Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Marathon Trilogy sprites (Crazy Ivan at it again)
Right, here goes. We'll do them chronologically.
Almost every character exists in a Minor and Major version, where the only difference is behavior and color. Some of them, like the fighter and BoBs come in as many as four varieties.

Game: Marathon.

[Image: m1fighter.png]
Pfhor Fighter.
Basic enemy. Comes in four colors. Two of the have the ability to launch projectiles at you, whereas the other must close in for the kill.
[Image: m1trooper.png]
Pfhor Trooper.
Trouble.
[Image: m1enforcer.png]
Pfhor Enforcer.
Said to only fire on other Pfhor (to keep them compliant), yet how come every time I see them I end up with a mouthful of exploding pebbles?
[Image: m1hunter.png]
Pfhor Hunter.
I'm pretty certain I can figure out where the inspiration for this dude come from.
[Image: m1juggernaut.png]
Pfhor Juggernaut.
"If I had a rocket launcher, I'd make someone pay."
[Image: m1cyborg.png]
Pfhor Cyborg.
He just sits there and takes it. I suppose he's busy, since he singlehandedly controls the minds of thousands of Compilers.
[Image: m1wasp.png]
Wasp.
They hang around Pfhor for some reason. Pets or pests?
[Image: m1hulk.png]
Hulk.
If you can dish it, he can take it.
[Image: m1looker.png]
Looker.
Floats silently along the floor and hopes for you to step on 'im. Then it's KABLOOIE!
[Image: m1compiler.png]
S'pht Compiler.
Oh, and you DON'T think flashers are scary?
[Image: m1bob.png]
B.o.B.
He's on your side. Not that he does anything to help you. Comes in four fruity flavors, and one extra green version. That's the assimilated ones; the dreaded Explode-a-BoBs, who will run up to you and detonate. Their blood is yellow, like their Pfhor builders'.
[Image: m1madd.png]
M.A.D.D.
"Marathon Automated Defense Drone." Watch out, though, some are them actually ARE mad, and will fire at you. Otherwise, they do a pretty good job killing badguys.

Marathon 2 : Durandal

[Image: m2fighter.png]
Pfhor Fighter.
Notice the relocation of the eye.
[Image: m2trooper.png]
Pfhor Trooper.
Someone's been hitting the StairMaster...
[Image: m2enforcer.png]
Pfhor Enforcer.
"Much has changed" just doesn't cover it. Is that even the same species as the others?
[Image: m2juggernaut.png]
Pfhor Juggernaut.
Actually HUGE! Strangely enough, the sprites are not.
[Image: m2compiler.png]
S'pht Compiler.
Also come in invisible versions, and versions with guided projectiles. Bad combo.
[Image: m2defender.png]
S'pht'kr Defender.
The angry lost clan of the S'pht. One stray bullet and you're no longer friends.
[Image: m2hunter.png]
Pfhor Hunter.
Sure, the graphics are better, but I prefer the old design.
[Image: m2cyborg.png]
Pfhor Cyborg.
Not related to the Pfhor Cyborg of Marathon 1.
[Image: m2drone.png]
Pfhor Drone.
Nuff said.
[Image: m2flicktafixed.png]
F'lickta.
Wildlife. Comes in water, sewage and lava version. The Latter flings fireballs. The sewage version fling brown rock. Oh, God, at least I hope they're rocks.
[Image: m2tick.png]
Tick.
Like the dog that just won't stop licking you. Except this one sucks life or oxygen out of you.
[Image: m2bob.png]
B.o.B.
Well, well, well. look who decided to help out for once!

Marathon Infinity

Uses the same sprites as Marathon 2 : Durandal, but adds one more character.
[Image: m3vacbobfix.png]
VacBOB.
Vacuum enabled and fusion-powered. Take that Pfhor empire!

That's all, I guess. All the character sprites. I didn't rip the Marine, though. That is, the player. Marathon was the first FPS game where the player sprite changed appearance depending on what weapon was equipped, and therefore there are a huge number of sprites for the players.
Thanked by: Dunkelschwamm

Messages In This Thread
Marathon Trilogy sprites (Crazy Ivan at it again) - by CrazyIvan - 04-10-2010, 09:23 AM