Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dark Forces enemy sprites
This is my first submission. I've been wanting to contribute for a while now, to add to the community that has given me much joy. I hope it's all as it should be.
Here we go.

Characters can most commonly only attack towards the player, which is such a shame, because it would be hard to use these sprites for anything because of it. There was only one instance of infighting ever in the game.
Typically, they have two death sequences, one melee and one blasted. It mostly means that the first, or first few, frames have alternative versions.

[Image: dfstormfin.png]
Imperial Stormtrooper.
I think these are from a movie, or something.
[Image: dfcommando.png]
Imperial Commando.
Known in the game as "Imperial Commando," but I think they are actually called "Death Star Troopers." It's not a bad euphemism, though, as they are supposed to be superior to Stormtroopers.
In the game, they can deflect blaster shots with their wrists. Imagine the timing!
[Image: dfofficer.png]
Imperial Officer.
Color's off, though. I mean, in game. I actually thought, despite having seen the movies dozens of times, that they HAD brown uniforms for a long time. I always liked their death sequence in game. When you look at it frame by frame... it looks a bit... odd.
[Image: dfprobe.png]
Imperial Probe Droid.
Refuses to turn around.
[Image: dfinterrogation.png]
Imperial Interrogationdroid.
The only character which is not mirrored.
[Image: dfremote.png]
Remote.
These guys are so in your face. Literally. That's why the sprites are comparatively high resolution.
[Image: dfphase1.png]
Phase 1 Darktrooper.
Yeah, so this guy is a Terminator-looking robot with a shield and a sword that can deflect lasers? That's odd enough as it is, but...
[Image: dfphase3.png]
Phase 3 Darktrooper.
... this guy is just a power armor! Makes you wonder what...
[Image: dfphase2.png]
Phase 2 Darktrooper.
... The Phase 2's are supposed to be. This guy, in the data file, is missing one walk frame and one idle frame. Or, I shouldn't say "missing," rather, it's ONE of the other frames but I can't figure out which.
[Image: dfgran.png]
"Ree-Yees..."
... which is a name. Actually, unless he's been cloned like crazy, these are Grans.
[Image: dfgamorrean.png]
Gamorrean Guard.
That's a Vibro-axe, if you didn't know. Not sure how they work, but they sound painful... and obscene.
[Image: dfbossk.png]
"Bossk."
Yeah, he's not A Bossk, he's THE Bossk. I can't remember what his race is called. Also poorly colored. He looks like a rebel pilot, which he's not supposed to. I've seen people use this to make rebel pilot sprites.
[Image: dfkelldragon.png]
Kell dragon.
Invented for the game, I suspect. Perhaps clues could be found in the fact that the creature has a glass jaw, lacks anus and genitals, and the claws change color upon death?
[Image: dfsewerbug.png]
Dianoga (sewerbug).
You're laughing now, but these buggers are scary. Also the only instance of infighting mentioned earlier. (Not between them, but with the droids patrolling the sewers. Two characters that cannot turn around, fighting...)
I can't really put all the sequences together. I included some of the numbers for the "pop out of water and look around"-sequence. The other frames are from the idle poses.
[Image: dfboba.png]
"Boba Fett."
Yup. Mostly, when a game has a big name boss, they devote some attention to its development. Mostly. Could probably be recolored as Jango if you wanted to.

I think that's all of them.
Hope I posted this in the right place... I'm a bit disorderly.

Enjoy!
CRAZY IVAN
Thanked by: Dunkelschwamm

Messages In This Thread
Dark Forces enemy sprites - by CrazyIvan - 04-09-2010, 11:00 AM
RE: Dark Forces enemy sprites - by Ultimecia - 04-09-2010, 12:10 PM
RE: Dark Forces enemy sprites - by CrazyIvan - 04-09-2010, 12:33 PM
RE: Dark Forces enemy sprites - by Ultimecia - 04-09-2010, 06:26 PM
RE: Dark Forces enemy sprites - by CrazyIvan - 04-10-2010, 02:02 AM
RE: Dark Forces enemy sprites - by Ultimecia - 04-10-2010, 02:14 AM
RE: Dark Forces enemy sprites - by CrazyIvan - 04-10-2010, 02:25 AM
RE: Dark Forces enemy sprites - by Ultimecia - 04-10-2010, 02:54 AM