Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Ok, Official area for my stuff.
I don't know about you, but when standing straight my arms reach to within an inch and a half of my knees. From forearm to elbow should reach to the hips.
Also, his arms are strangely thin, his hat is remarkably large, and I recommend you do a bit of research on how fabric folds. Yours doesn't fold BAD, but it doesn't look very REAL. The way you have it shaded also makes the leg outlines look pretty jaggy.
You outlined SOMETHING in purple across the chest, but the purple doesn't read well against the gray. You'll either need new purples, new grays, or a really dark purple outline. I would advise you trash the purple on the chest altogether, but hey, your design.
After hypershading all of the clothes, the hat is disturbingly plain. And if MY hat extended that far over my head, it would most certainly have folds too.
Did you know you could consolidate your colors a bit? That gray-ish color on the pants can replace the dark gray on the jacket with no consequence. You can buy another, darker purple if you're counting colors.
Black outlines everywhere but the hat? Consistency, man. Either colored outlines all over, or black outlines all over.
The bottom outline of the hat brim is definitely misshapen.
If you want a diagonal sword, don't make a vertical one and rotate. You can see some of the errors in the sword's shading now, and at the end there's a bulge that shouldn't be there.
Why is there a blue dot on his chin?

It's not a bad sprite, it's actually pretty passable, but it has some errors still.
[Image: Altered_photo1_sig.png]
My crit posts tend to make me look arrogant if read the wrong way. That is not my intention. I am open to discussing anything you disagree with, so please do.
Thanked by: Rhyme

Messages In This Thread
Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Gwen - 02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Gors - 02-07-2010, 07:32 AM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Gwen - 02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Ego - 02-07-2010, 04:34 PM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Gwen - 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Ego - 02-08-2010, 01:50 AM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Gwen - 02-08-2010, 05:16 PM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Gwen - 02-09-2010, 09:49 PM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Ego - 02-09-2010, 11:20 PM
RE: Ok, Official area for my stuff. - by Gwen - 02-09-2010, 11:50 PM